Notifications Wear Style for Gear 2

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
In Samsung Gear Apps.

:)

It allows you to answer notifications from your Gear 2 but not always. In case of whatsapp the app will allow you to reply if there are no messages unread in whatsapp, but the App is always learning. Try it!

Try to select some notifications for this App and other for Samsung Gear Manager, but no select the same notification in both Apps.

Default Screen App in only valid if you select at settings that the App asks you if you want to receive other notifications different of default supported ones.

Last edited:

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Finally a real app, can't wait to try it.
I hope that long text can be read also. Because I get information from the Web to my watch using Tasker.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
The one thing i didn't like from the original Android Wear notifications, is that the buttons takes up a whole screen. While there can be easily 4 buttons (2x2) on one screen.
I'm curious when it will popup in the store.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry friend, another more week to wait because certification failed!!!

I've fixed some bugs in new version...

Thanks for your patience.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

great news, The App has passed the certification process and will be available soon.

Please, if you find any bug, let me know it here in order to fix it.

Thanks

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Well I got it. But for now it is a waist of money!
There are a lot off improvements needed.
A summary:

1) Put a line Break between the title and contents. Use <br>. I suspect that content with line breaks will also not shown with breaks. Make the title in bold. Use more html formatting like <b></b> or such. This makes it more nicer.

2) Open the app on notification. It not wished to keep the app opened for getting Notifications.

3) don't show permanent Notifications. Tasker is permanent and constantly changing. I do use Tasker custom Notifications, AutoNotification and custom Tasker apps with Notifications. Just for my watch.

4) Buttons are not seen. I tested this with Tasker using AutoNotification. Just 2 pages is shown, no buttons.

5) Little smaller fonts. Add a setting in the phone app.

6) maybe a notification number on the left top of the first page. Like 2/3.

7) Phone app, allowed and denied apps text are really to small. And I'm using a phablet Note 2.

8) Don't like the background. Too wild.

Points 1 and 2 are deal breakers. Notify Gear is much better. So there is much work to do to make it the best.

Good luck.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

first off all, thanks for your feedback. I will reply below your own text.

Well I got it. But for now it is a waist of money!
There are a lot off improvements needed.
A summary:

1) Put a line Break between the title and contents. Use <br>. I suspect that content with line breaks will also not shown with breaks. Make the title in bold. Use more html formatting like <b></b> or such. This makes it more nicer.

I think this is not important, but it could be improved.

2) Open the app on notification. It not wished to keep the app opened for getting Notifications.

This is not necessary, but do not exit the App, use the home button. Of course if you must have this App always in foreground it will not work ok.

3) don't show permanent Notifications. Tasker is permanent and constantly changing. I do use Tasker custom Notifications, AutoNotification and custom Tasker apps with Notifications. Just for my watch.

Have you enabled receiving this kind of notifications in the App?

4) Buttons are not seen. I tested this with Tasker using AutoNotification. Just 2 pages is shown, no buttons.

This App do not show normal action buttons, only buttons for android wear. The ones use whatsapp, hangouts, facebook messenger, ...

5) Little smaller fonts. Add a setting in the phone app.

yes

6) maybe a notification number on the left top of the first page. Like 2/3.

This App tries to emulate android wear if it doesn't have this yet, but it could be in a future version.

7) Phone app, allowed and denied apps text are really to small. And I'm using a phablet Note 2.

ok

8) Don't like the background. Too wild.

;-)

Points 1 and 2 are deal breakers. Notify Gear is much better. So there is much work to do to make it the best.

Good luck.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This App tries to emulate android wear if it doesn't have this yet, but it could be in a future version.

Really!!
So you don't want to make it better? I would think you leave out all the flaws of the original wear app. And improve where i could be better.

It's a pity you don't find my deal breakers points 1 and 2 so important. That leaves me out of this app and stay with Gear Notify. Which is far more superior.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
developers being on a user-to-user forum frequently create animosity on both sides. I gave up discussing issues here with a vocal and somewhat cranky developer. I think they should enlist beta testers in forums apart from more "mainstream" users such as generally found on the popular gadget forums such as androidcentral.

I've tried in vain to find more apps for my watch but everything I download is amateurish, redundant, or useless. I've got a few decent apps for my Gear 2, but the well seems to have run dry. Tizen seems to have brought out fringe developers, IMO. It's a hot mess. Not that Android doesn't have a few hundred thousand apps or more, that are pure crap, but on the flip side, there are PLENTY of well made apps for Android to get the job done for most needs, IMO. Same with iOS.

pacosal

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi again,

it could be that I can not explain perfectly, because english is not my native language.

Your second point is very important, but I'm trying to say that the App works ok even if the App it not in foreground.

Thanks again, and please, in this thread we are talking about Notifications Gear Style in order to get feedback and improve it, not about other Apps.

Thanks

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Your second point is very important, but I'm trying to say that the App works ok even if the App it not in foreground.

I do not agree. I tested the new release again. And there i noticed the big difference.
When i'm on the watch in an app. And i get a notification, the Notifications Wear will come up. I can read it. Dismiss it. But i can not go back, because this will stop the app. I have to press the home button, but then i'm also out of the app i was in and back to the clock.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Version 1.2.0 out!

Try it.

I like it much better.
I removed my original review and placed another with 3 stars.
This because the contents and now line breaks in it so it's viewed better.

I still do like to see smaller fonts on the watch. Because it's such a small device.
And there is no line break between the title and the contents.

Nice to see the message numbering.

Did i see on the first time run a time in the display? It's gone now, but this was really nice. Perhaps a better font or color, and with the date in there as well. This could become a watchface replacement. That would also be awesome.

Nice to see these changes, keep up the good work. And i will put in 5 stars if it's perfect for me.
This is now usable, so see what happens for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith