Help! "appy geek for gear" won't stop it's failed "installing". [FIXED]

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i had 3 updates today so i hit update ALL. News republic "lost communication" so I aborted. tried again. failed again. i uninstalled the app to stop that.

next app updated just fine.

another app by same developer, appy geek for gear also failed to update. kept saying "installing". no way to stop it. I finally removed the app from the watch, using gear manager. However, every time I go to gear manager, it constantly shows that the app is trying to install. no way to stop it. I tried deleting DATA and CACHE for both of the Gear Manager apps showing in apps list on phone as well gearsmartremoteaccessoryprovider, and FORCE STOPPED all 3 services. open up gear manager again, and the same thing is happening. I can't stop the "installing" process for appy geek. HELP

I've turned off the watch. I'm afraid if i uninstall gear manager i will have to reset the watch. besides, i think the problem is with my samsung account with respect to this appy geek app being in "limbo".

EDIT: I think I fixed it by stopping all the Samsung services apps (after deleting cache and data) as well as the Gear Manager. When appy geek was trying to install, it showed up on my phone in the notifications bar and clearing the notifications wouldn't stop appy geek from showing up there. Stopping all the Samsung services seems to have done the trick and now my watch is turned ON and when I looked in Gear Manager Samsung Apps, Appy Geek no longer showed as "installing" and I could in fact, finally delete it from the list of my apps that are on the watch. WHEW!!!

Last edited:

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
i had 3 updates today so i hit update ALL. News republic "lost communication" so I aborted. tried again. failed again. i uninstalled the app to stop that.

next app updated just fine.

another app by same developer, appy geek for gear also failed to update. kept saying "installing". no way to stop it. I finally removed the app from the watch, using gear manager. However, every time I go to gear manager, it constantly shows that the app is trying to install. no way to stop it. I tried deleting DATA and CACHE for both of the Gear Manager apps showing in apps list on phone as well gearsmartremoteaccessoryprovider, and FORCE STOPPED all 3 services. open up gear manager again, and the same thing is happening. I can't stop the "installing" process for appy geek. HELP

I've turned off the watch. I'm afraid if i uninstall gear manager i will have to reset the watch. besides, i think the problem is with my samsung account with respect to this appy geek app being in "limbo".

EDIT: I think I fixed it by stopping all the Samsung services apps (after deleting cache and data) as well as the Gear Manager. When appy geek was trying to install, it showed up on my phone in the notifications bar and clearing the notifications wouldn't stop appy geek from showing up there. Stopping all the Samsung services seems to have done the trick and now my watch is turned ON and when I looked in Gear Manager Samsung Apps, Appy Geek no longer showed as "installing" and I could in fact, finally delete it from the list of my apps that are on the watch. WHEW!!!

Thanks for the info. I just tried to update Appy Geek and got the Failed to Install, Connection to Gear Lost, error, but it still showed trying to install.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
To be sure I got the offending app stopped, I stopped:
1. samsung push service
2. samsung in app purchase
3. Samsung billing
4. Samsung Apps
5. Samsung Account.

One of those being stopped seemed to have been the solution for ending the neverending "installing" issue with Appy Geek.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc