Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I wait?

I'm thinking about purchasing the Gear 2 in the near future. However though, because I've waited too long since the Gear 2's launch, I thought about possibly waiting for the Gear 3 (because it seems that Samsung releases a new Smartwatch every few months) . I understand that the Gear S is coming out this month, is the "Gear S" the "Gear 3", or is it just a standalone? The S doesn't interest me all that much, so I have no intention to buy it. If the S is the next big Smartwatch until the "Gear 4" should I wait for the inevitable price drop of the 2, once the S comes out?

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I wait?

I bought Gear 2 to develop apps, and I feel like it's still missing many things... It feels unnatural having to sometimes press a button to see the watch (say if you're sitting somewhere and you glance at it, which does not trigger the "wrist up" motion). I also feel as though the watch is missing key functions... Compass, wifi, etc... That being said, if you want Gear 2, you should definitely wait for the price drop... I mean if you buy it now for 300$ and after two months the price drops to 200$, that's still a lot of money you could have saved... So I would totally wait if I was you.

Default Re: Should I wait?

who knows, the neo may stay at 200 for while and the gear 2 only drops to 250.