Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear 2 wish list: home screen lock, shake-to-wake, and smart wake screen

My home screens sometimes get shuffled around and apps disappear because of inadvertent screen touches. Would it be possible to create an app that locks home screens, or is that more of a system level setting?

Also, I have a love/hate relationship with the wake-up gesture. It's great when I actually want the screen to come on, but it can be really annoying when I don't, especially in the dark, and most especially while driving at night. I find myself missing my old Pebble's shake-to-wake gesture, which always worked without a hitch. Would it be possible to create an app that provides this feature, or is this also more of a system level event?

And speaking of the wake-up gesture, I usually like having the clock be the default screen, but not when I'm in the process of working with an app. It would be great if the wake-up screen would automatically default to the last app used for a certain (and ideally configurable) period of time, like say 2 minutes, then revert back to the clock once that time period has passed.