New Gear Manager today...Gear 1 & Gear 2 WON'T Connect Anymore!!!!!!!

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else get the new Gear Manager update (it's orange now in color) but now finding that neither watches will connect to your phone anymore? I have been on the phone with both Samsung AND Verizon and neither one can get either watch to connect to my Note 3 NO MATTER WHAT! I'm now waiting to hear back from both companies tomorrow (hopefully) with a resolution...be careful folks. I wish that I would have known and therefore blocked of postponed the update. Both watches pair, but won't connect. These "smart" watches aren't too smart anymore with no device connected to them.

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I just received a Gear 2 Neo I purchased off of ebay, dowloaded Gear Manager, but have been unable to finish the setup. It keeps giving me the error message, "Unfortunately, Host Manager has stopped". Tried several times to uninstall the app, restart the phone, and factory reset the Gear.

I was reading the reviews for the latest version of the Gear Manager app and others, like you, are having connectivity issues also. I wonder if the connectivity issues your all experiencing are also preventing me from completing setup.

So frustrating. I'm giving up for the night. So much for taking this on my run tomorrow.

indyfsufan

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I updated to the new gear manager today and worked fine for me. I have the gear 2 neo and S4 on sprint. I even went for a bike ride and used Endomondo after the update and all worked fine.

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the replies. I'm glad that not all of you are going through the same CRAP as I am. However, if you are having problems with the new GM update, please reach out to Samsung and your carrier to make sure that they know that this is a bigger issue than they are admitting to.

veugeniojr

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello there,

As of this morning, my notifications stopped going over to the watch. That happened after the new Gear software got updated.

Tried to disconnect Bluetooth and re-connecting it, resetting the watch to factory setting and nothing. The only thing that works was to uninstall the Gear app on my phone, downloading it again, and the installing it. It will go over the activation process and then will pair.

After that, the notifications are coming through. Hopefully it works for you too.

Thanks,

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No update for me.

I really regret buying the S5 Active with this watch. I should have got the Note 3 or waited for the 4.

oh man, I so would like to get the Note 4 (the screen has an amazing 750 nits brightness when set to "auto brightness", in high ambient lighting conditions). My only real complaint on my Note 2 is a lack of brightness when outdoors. Other than that, I'd be totally happy with my phone for the foreseeable future. unlike every other smartphone I have owned. :)

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello there,

As of this morning, my notifications stopped going over to the watch. That happened after the new Gear software got updated.

Tried to disconnect Bluetooth and re-connecting it, resetting the watch to factory setting and nothing. The only thing that works was to uninstall the Gear app on my phone, downloading it again, and the installing it. It will go over the activation process and then will pair.

After that, the notifications are coming through. Hopefully it works for you too.

Thanks,

That worked for me, thanks!

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My Neo Gear2 has become a useless device as I can't even use it as a watch!
The Update came without me knowing as I tried to use the device and battery was dead of it trying to connect, even after battery was charged had to turn it off, so hopefully going to T-Mobile Store will be able to help me otherwise I'm going to try to get my money back! as what good is an accessory if it does not work? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ron de Vries

May 3, 2014
Visit site
My GM updated a few days ago. Everything seemed OK at first. I do get a connection with my Gear 2 Neo but now if I start GM it comes up with the error "Unfortunately, Gear plugin has stopped". Due to this error I can no longer access the app store for my gear and since the upgrade deleted all my installed apps, it is a real issue. Basically the watch is now useless.

Trying to find out who to contact in Samsung about this issue but I can't get any response.

I am so pissed off with Samsung at this stage that I am seriously thinking of changing to Apple products. The technical specs of Apple products are not as good as Samsung but at least their products work.

Samsung, fix the damned issues or you will lose on customer who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on you products.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My GM updated a few days ago. Everything seemed OK at first. I do get a connection with my Gear 2 Neo but now if I start GM it comes up with the error "Unfortunately, Gear plugin has stopped". Due to this error I can no longer access the app store for my gear and since the upgrade deleted all my installed apps, it is a real issue. Basically the watch is now useless.

Trying to find out who to contact in Samsung about this issue but I can't get any response.

I am so pissed off with Samsung at this stage that I am seriously thinking of changing to Apple products. The technical specs of Apple products are not as good as Samsung but at least their products work.

Samsung, fix the damned issues or you will lose on customer who has spent tens of thousands of dollars on you products.

I take it you called the appropriate Samsung support phone number (which I have posted to this forum a couple months ago)??

Yes, I think you should switch to Apple. Spread you wealth.

Last edited:

furiousyellow

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Neo working, but my goodness what a pain in the ****! I thought maybe the person I bought it from sold me a lemon.

Even after doing a factory reset on the Neo and my S4 was still couldn't get Gear Manager to connect After reinstalling KitKat 4.4.2., Gear Manager suddenly started working.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 2 and have been trying to get my Gear 2 Neo connected with the latest GearManager and it just won't connect, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the gear software, rebooted both the watch and the phone, connected both to computer, verified the latest firmware, and still nothing. All I do get is that my phone and watch connects via Bluetooth, but not the gear manager. It just sits there, and says connecting. Then after about 15 or 20 minutes it says host not responding.. Ugh... I've tried every trick I know, except breaking both devices. Not that I would, but it does test your patience when it doesn't work correctly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.....

And if it helps... I didn't have any issues with the last gear manager, just the latest one.