Switching from the 360.

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I decided to buy the Motorola 360 yesterday, but after a day of terrible battery (barely using it) and this morning waking up to the screen burn in that is effecting certain people, I took it back. I'm currently looking at the Gear 2. How is the battery life on it? Are there screen burns that are happening to people? What are some things I need to be aware of before purchasing it?

Thanks!

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched from a gear 2 to the moto 360 was going to sell gear but now i am second guessing myself. Battery is awful and not getting score updates has me bugged . I will give moto a couple more days then decide.

Posted via Android Central App

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched from a gear 2 to the moto 360 was going to sell gear but now i am second guessing myself. Battery is awful and not getting score updates has me bugged . I will give moto a couple more days then decide.

Posted via Android Central App

How's the battery life on the Gear 2?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
No burn in, 2 day battery life. we love our Gear 2's here (me and my wife). great as a TV remote,and does phone calls too.

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I decided to buy the Motorola 360 yesterday, but after a day of terrible battery (barely using it) and this morning waking up to the screen burn in that is effecting certain people, I took it back. I'm currently looking at the Gear 2. How is the battery life on it? Are there screen burns that are happening to people? What are some things I need to be aware of before purchasing it?

Thanks!

You can't judge the battery after a day of use. New batteries has to settle in. And will improve after a couple of days till a week.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the all brown Gear 2 Neo. I have almost all notifications going to the watch, so a lot of notifications. I use the Endomondo app when I run, every other day, and even with it I could charge it ever 2-3 days.

The battery efficiency is so good on the watch, that I don't have a charging schedule. Quick burst of charges when I take a shower or cooking/washing dishes is all that it needs to keep it functional all the time. I never feel the need to HAVE to keep the charge at 100% to get through what I need to do.

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My wife had the rose gold. Very nice color in our opinion.
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. Both the black/silver and gold/brown are really nice imo. Leaning towards the gold/brown, now time to decide. Buy a lightly used one now or wait for the Gear S to launch and drop the price of the Gear 2 :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
the one thing that might give me pause on the S is it's size. In photos, it appears to me to be awfully large. Hard to tell as I don't know the size of the wrists I've seen it being photographed with.

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
You can't judge the battery after a day of use. New batteries has to settle in. And will improve after a couple of days till a week.

When the battery drops 22% in about 6 minutes, there's a problem. I most likely had a defective unit, but still. Also the burn in, after a day? Really Motorola... if you visit the 360 page here, it's filled with battery post. Not that all people are having problems mind you, but when a lot are being affected, there's an issue.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I'm still debating on this or the Live. Is Tizen as customizable as AW? Are you able to change the watch face to anything you want, like you can on AW?

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I switched and couldn't be happier with my Gear 2. I could barely make it 8 hours before the Moto's battery crapped out which really turned me off of it. While the pictures make it look big, it fits and feels quite nice when I have it on.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tactical Squirrel

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I switched and couldn't be happier with my Gear 2. I could barely make it 8 hours before the Moto's battery crapped out which really turned me off of it. While the pictures make it look big, it fits and feels quite nice when I have it on.

Posted via the Android Central App

That's one of the things I was worried about. The thing about the 360 is that it's elegant. It looks amazing. The Gear 2 looked pretty big, I've not seen one in person, but that's good news.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

It is sort of funny that you wrote this. I had the Galaxy Gear and then Galaxy Gear 2 Neo brown version. I decided to try the Moto 360 and ordered it from Best Buy. I just received it today and boy was I excited to start playing with it. Here are my observations:

Did I make a mistake? This watch is much different from the GG. The notifications are very limiting and there are no shortcuts compared to the GG. For example, when you double press the Home Key on the GG, you can open up whatever you want.

Right now, I just pulled it off of the charger about 55 minutes ago, I have lost 17% with the display rarely being on. I only received 2 texts in the last hour and that was to test the unit.

The GG menu seems to be easier to navigate. Perhaps, I am just used to it and that is where the issue is.

My battery on the GG lasted for longer than a day with relatively heavy use. I found that using the digital face used less battery life than the analog face.

I also cannot answer calls on the Moto 360 which I can with the GG. I rarely get calls so, this is not entirely a huge loss but its convenient.

Right now, I am toying with boxing it up and returning it OR giving it another day. Right now, I am about 95% convinced that its going back and I will continue to wear the GG until the GG S comes out. The GG is not as attractive as the Moto 360 but, the loss in functionality outweighs the looks.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Thanks!

I love the Gear 2 and have NO problems with it. Battery life is subjective of course. I charge mine every night but you really don't need to. Just habit. I also prefer the look of the Gear to anything else out there. Everything about it appeals to me including the ability to take phone calls on it. You will get absolutely no negative feedback on it from me.

budgitApp

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Moto 360 is not so bad now after the update... I have both Moto and GG2 and the Moto battery lasts for over a day even if using an analog watchface... It's true that the functions are limited compared to the GG2, but I'm sure the Android software will catch up... Google is pretty strong when it comes to software. But for now, you're right, the GG2 seems better :) Plus it's got a speaker and a camera.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I can weigh in here.

I have had the Gear 2 for quite some time. I have two phones. The Gear is paired with my Note 4.

I recently bought the LG G Watch to pair with my work phone for when I am on call.

After a week with the LG, I feel confident in saying the Gear 2 is superior in almost every way. The charging mechanism for the LG is by far better than the Gear 2. I added a metal band to my LG and with that I think it looks better

That being said I think the battery life, the vibration strength, the notifications, the physical button, the camera, and a multitude of other features make the Gear 2 superior

Attachments

• 20140917_202739.jpg
    20140917_202739.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 76

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech