Still like the watch, but no new apps or even updates to the ones I have installed.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Seems like very little attention (Samsung, and developer) is paid to the Tizen watches.
When I say "no new apps", I mean anything that I want. Mostly lots of goofy apps, and lots of redundant apps.
Is this Samsung's version of Palm?

EvenASA

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Me too. I guess they mean it to be more watch and less smart...

I miss apps for:

Measuring heart rate periodically during the day.

Making lists using voice only without having to press a key after every item.

Ability to add to voice memo.

Sms app with old school phone keyboard.

Clock with useful info like phone and watch battery, weather, notification counter and preview(like Sony smartwatch 2), next appointment etc. All this should be modular in watch styler or something.

Task list compatible with both phone and Google.

Apps from Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc

I had a SW2 before my gear 2 neo. In many aspects that watch was ways ahead when it comes to customize the watchface. With that watch I rarely had to open apps to get info. It was all presented on the watchface and clickable. And it had way less resolution...

My five cents...

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Please, everyone take what I am going to say next, with a HUGE grain of salt, but here goes: a fellow I was talking with at length yesterday at Netflix support said (after we got onto the subject of the Gear 2) that a Marques Brownlee with a huge following on Youtube for his tech reports, said in his twitter feed recently that there is a big revision coming to Tizen.

Does anyone know anything about this rumor? I searched his twitter feed and found nothing. I suspect the Netflix guy is confused about which Samsung watch is getting an update.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Please, everyone take what I am going to say next, with a HUGE grain of salt, but here goes: a fellow I was talking with at length yesterday at Netflix support said (after we got onto the subject of the Gear 2) that a Marques Brownlee with a huge following on Youtube for his tech reports, said in his twitter feed recently that there is a big revision coming to Tizen.

Does anyone know anything about this rumor? I searched his twitter feed and found nothing. I suspect the Netflix guy is confused about which Samsung watch is getting an update.

I've often wondered if there would be some type of Tizen update coninciding with the Gear S launch. I, too, cannot find even a rumor about any Tizen updates, at all.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Let's just hope that no news is good news...

I'd rather hear some good news, such as Hangouts messages can be replied to from the watch along with a means of getting 9 icons per screen. Those 2 issues are my biggest gripe. having said, I still love this watch and am not interested in the Android Wear models or any other current models.