The new Gmail app is causing multiple notifications on Gear 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 email addresses on my phone. Gmail, Yahoo, and Comcast. Since the update to Gmail that allows other email providers to be included in Gmail, I've been getting a ton of extra notifications within a minute of each legimate notification on my Gear 2. I do not get any redundant badge counts via Nova Laucher Prime's Unread Count app.

I've deleted the Yahoo mail app, so that only Gmail has my Yahoo email, yet I continue to get a ton of extra notifications--ONLY on the watch.

Any ideas? From what I can see, I don't think I'm getting redundant notifications for my Gmail account--just Yahoo. Not sure about Comcast, because I rarely get emails there anymore as I've contacted all important contacts many months ago, in order to migrate all of my business email to Gmail (I'm hoping to one day ditch comcast, in favor of Google Fiber, should it come to my city).

I thought I was only getting redundant notifications for Yahoo email in the Gmail app, but I'm also getting them for my Gmails as well.

Last edited:

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it's the same related issue as yours, but I keep getting duplicate notifications from my work email through the stock email app. I use the stock email the same as you do the Gmail app. I have Gmail, Yahoo, and work Exchange email.

I don't get redundant notifications from Gmail or Yahoo, but I do from Exchange. I'll have gotten down to about 5 emails, then my watch will show me I have 176 notifications. When I look, it is always the Exchange email. I go to the app, and it's the same 5 unread emails.

Do you always get redundant notifications for your Yahoo, or is it sporadic when it decides to duplicate them? Mine is random.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
pretty much consistent. within one minute of a legit notification, i will get a redundant one. it all started with the new gmail app. very annoying as i rely on my watch to alert me to incoming emails and messages.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Who do I blame for this snafu, so that I can direct my complaint appropriately? Samsung (Tizen, or Gear Manager) google, who??

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just went thru the pain or deleting GM, which caused the watch to return to factory settings. Am i still getting redundant notifications on the watch, from Gmail?.....

wait for it...

wait for it...

I'll get back here when I know if it's fixed. I'm going to give it time to either show itself as fixed, or that it's still a hot mess...

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I didn't start noticing my issues until recently. My watch just stopped connecting to my Note 3, so I did the same as you and deleted GM and started over.

That's when I started getting the dupes.

Good luck, hope it works for you.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
F me. didn't help to delete GM and resest watch. yahoo email notifications are doubling up, thru the gmail app only on watch. Tesla unread count on badges on phone are still correct.

Wish I knew how to contact someone at Google. using their forums is a complete waste of time. NEVER, have I had those forums help me find a solution to any problem with a Google product.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
for whatever reason, I think the worst of this multiple notifications issue is behind me. I'll repost if it re-occurs.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
aaaggh. I think the latest Gear Manager is the culprit. today I'm getting random duplicate notifications for Word Chums, which I don't think has happened in the past.

aqwesd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I noticed I'm not getting any gmail notifications on my gear 2. Double checked it was selected in gear manager. Reset watch and phone. Anyone else experiencing this?

My411Video

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Same here. I'm getting text, and calls but not Gmail or the stock email notifications. Just got my gear 2 today so I have note had time to do to much investigating. Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you put check marks next to those apps in Gear Manager>Notifications>Manage Notifications

Gear Manager is requiring me to update it, at this moment. can't open the app unless I click "OK" on the pop-up screen that says there is an update. Hope it works better...

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to this, mine recently started doing this about 2 weeks ago.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm still having trouble to this day! I deleted yahoo from my Gmail app because even with Gear Manager settings for Notifications set to NOT notifiy for Yahoo, the Gmail app passes the multiple Yahoo email notifications through many many times, redundantly. I went ahead today and installed the Yahoo email app and that way I won't see the multiple notifications (or ANY) on my watch.

However, I STILL get multiple notifications for each and every Gmail. I have POP turned OFF for my Gmail account (I just did that today, but it doesn't solve the multiple notifications on my gear 2).

Every email I get, creates a notification on the Gear 2 and then I also get a "roll-up" notifications which shows several emails rolled into one notification. It could be 2 emails, or many more. This has happened ever since I got the watch and I have reset it at least 3 times. My wife says her watch doesn't exhibit this behavior with her Gmail account (she never had yahoo).

ANY ideas what I could try next?

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm still having trouble to this day! I deleted yahoo from my Gmail app because even with Gear Manager settings for Notifications set to NOT notifiy for Yahoo, the Gmail app passes the multiple Yahoo email notifications through many many times, redundantly. I went ahead today and installed the Yahoo email app and that way I won't see the multiple notifications (or ANY) on my watch.

However, I STILL get multiple notifications for each and every Gmail. I have POP turned OFF for my Gmail account (I just did that today, but it doesn't solve the multiple notifications on my gear 2).

Every email I get, creates a notification on the Gear 2 and then I also get a "roll-up" notifications which shows several emails rolled into one notification. It could be 2 emails, or many more. This has happened ever since I got the watch and I have reset it at least 3 times. My wife says her watch doesn't exhibit this behavior with her Gmail account (she never had yahoo).

ANY ideas what I could try next?

Check your notifications in the gear app. You may have two different email notifications checked.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Lynne Marr

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same issue only with text messages. I'm using the Verizon Messages app and a couple weeks back I started getting multiple notifications for the same text. At times it would go up to 100 notifications for the same text! At that point, since the counter doesn't go any higher than 100, it would just continue to vibrate and flash the same notification over and over until it finally felt like stopping. At first I thought I was getting 2 and then 3 notifications for each text I received but then there was no rhyme or reason to it. I started getting random amounts of notifications sometimes but not others. Reset did nothing to resolve the problem. Since the watch is older, no one at the Verizon store had any useful info for me beyond the reset. Any help would be greatly appreciated if anyone has found a solution to this. I only recently bought the watch even though its an older model. It was still new and I've only had it for about a month or so.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that if I open Gmail on my computer, I'll get notifications on the watch, despite having received them prior (at the time the emails ACTUALLY arrived at my Gmail account). Somehow the implementation of notifications for the Gear 2 has some sort of a glitch that's never been corrected to this day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc