Anybody tempted to upgrade to gear S?

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded to the S from gear 2 and have not looked back the S is an amazing device

Posted via the Android Central App

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I love my Neo, it does what I need it to do.

But I checked out the S and I LOVE:
- that huge screen and
- the option to leave my phone at home and just use my watch as a phone when I'm bike riding.
- that I could send/reply to a text message with the keyboard, swipe works too. Not that I would but the option is nice to have.

What I don't like:
- the band, I hate that buckle. Why didn't they leave it with the pins that way I could use the band's I have now or walk into any store and get what I want.

Just trying to see if what I love about it will outweigh what I hate.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I never use my Gear 2 for phone calls, and I don't like the buckle look. So I will stay with the Gear 2 Neo.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Or are you very happy with your current gear?

Nope. I have the Gear 2 and love it. I actually seen the S in the store and wasn't "moved" by it. I hated the strap on the thing (not just the buckle but the rubbery material). I imagine if someone gave it to me, I'd use it but I am very happy with my G2.

rEVOLVE

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When they make one that can last with decent battery life and be able to tether my voice and data from my unlimited Verizon account, hell yeah! Imagine your sole data and voice plan being on the watch that's always with you and then you just use that as a hotspot for your laptop/handset/tablet/etc. I use a bluetooth headset anyway, so I only use the phone when I need to interact with the larger display.

prubin

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I read about the S and was intrigued. But I looked at it in the store and it is too big. Not the screen, but the thickness. It is much thicker than the 2 and so thick that it would interfere with your sleeve. Will wait for the next version.

jason0821

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
The gear s looks beatiful in pics but i think my gear 2 looks better in person. I love my gear 2 and i wouldn't give it up for any watch on the market now.

Posted via Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The gear s looks beatiful in pics but i think my gear 2 looks better in person. I love my gear 2 and i wouldn't give it up for any watch on the market now.

Posted via Android Central App

I really like the looks of my Gear 2 Neo, I wish it had a camera though

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I know this is an older thread. I just got mine two days ago. I had been thinking about it for a couple of months but was unsure. Then I saw on a young woman and it looked great. Not too big looking. She told me she loves it. I have had customers ask me how do I like it. The S is too big and the band is so ugly. The Gear 2 is a beautiful smart watch. Having data would be nice, but the 2 has more functions to my needs. I am thrilled to have it

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I am intrigued by the Gear S. But, with the current price of the Gear S, and I'm not sure how much I'd use the differing features enough for it to be used differently than my Gear 2 Neo.

Plus, I use the Endomondo app a lot on my Gear 2 Neo, and with the Gear S it looks like you'd still need your phone to utilize the app on the watch, and not just be able to run with the watch. So, no benefit with the Gear S.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech