1st day without my gear and missing it

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Got bit on my forearm yesterday by a dog. Tore the crap out of my arm and wrist causing my hand to get really swollen up. I won't be able to wear my gear for a couple days and missed it this morning very much. Never realized how much I was using my watch than pulling the phone out of its holster. I also was snapping photos of written notes and sending them to others at work. Recording audio memos on the gear also works well during meetings. Looking forward to getting the tape off my arm and my watch back on!

Posted via Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
First of all, that sucks. Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery (with no scars or long-term side effects)
Second, hopefully (and it sounds like it is) your Gear is still fine and not damaged

I can't justify spending money on a smartwatch (Just not something that's priority) but I imagine if I got one I'd soon become reliant on it as well.

Again, good luck and get better soon!!

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My hand is less swollen and there is a big mark on my wristband but I am wearing my gear to work tomorrow. I glued the biggest gash with super glue and everything looks lots better. The dog is my sister's australian blue heeler cattle dog so I cannot snuff it now. Still not sure why it went after me other than I ran into her house since it was raining outside. If it does bite anyone else I will chop it's head off and set it on sister's porch in some hilarious pose. Still pissed about the mark on my watch band big time!

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes Dave, that dog is up on the meds and stuff. This picture is of the tooth hole in my arm. The other tooth was on my wrist band. Hard to see the blemish mark from it in this pict.

Attachments

• 20141228_125846.jpg
    20141228_125846.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 20