Samsung or android wear

nickbettschen

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have had a Samsung gear 1 for almost a year now and the strap broke at the speaker/clasp, i priced out fixing it and its pretty much what a new one would cost so id like to get something new.

i wanna stick with Samsung but was thinking about the Samsung Android Wear instead or the Gear live

question is whats the better one software wise? Tizen OS or Android Wear OS?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had a Samsung gear 1 for almost a year now and the strap broke at the speaker/clasp, i priced out fixing it and its pretty much what a new one would cost so id like to get something new.

i wanna stick with Samsung but was thinking about the Samsung Android Wear instead or the Gear live

question is whats the better one software wise? Tizen OS or Android Wear OS?
Better for you could be different than better for me. The biggest reason to go Android Wear IMO is because you can easily move that watch from android phone to android phone when you upgrade. Not 100% that you can do that with Tizen powered watches.

douglasfamily

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
The Neo and the Live run at the same price. I had the Live for a few weeks before I blew out the mic while shooting. (Don't take wearable shooting) So I took the chance to try out the Neo. Must say I'm a little happier with it. More bang for the buck. At the moment the only thing I miss after having the Neo for a little less than a week is "okay google". The Neo is able to take calls with a built-in speaker. The live does not. JMO

atcach

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Having bought the neo, I think is excellent but found that's quite abandoned by samsung. The hardware is excellent and tizen seems a lot lighter, so it requires less hardware and has better battery. But lacks fundamental apps as answer whatsapp, etc.
Would love the neo with android wear.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a Neo and was going to start a thread about Tizen vs Android Wear.

I like my Neo but I'm wondering how Android wear works - from what I've read everything on Android wear is voice based? You can't launch apps by touch or see a list of apps? I saw a Moto 365 in a store and no matter what I did to the screen it brought me to Google now, and I couldn't find any physical buttons.

Can someone clarify exactly how Android Wear works? Anyone with experience with both able to list pros and cons?

Posted via the Android Central App

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Neo last week after researching different options. The "OK Google " was one thing that led me away from Android Wear.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I like the hardware of the neo, but android wear works good with voice commands, Google maps, and there are many more apps that work with wear. I can even created my own watch faces with a watch Maker app.

I still am torn myself on which one I will stick with

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
As more watches come out, I'm always looking at what options are available. I love my Neo, and I do find S-voice helpful, and I love the ability to use it as a bluetooth speaker for the phone. I don't use that option much, but when I need to, it is very useful and something I don't want to give up.

The upside and appeal to Android Wear, for me, is the ease of use with any Android device without having to use workarounds to get the Samsung Tizen devices to work.

The extent of apps on Android Wear sounds good on the surface, and maybe I'd use more if I could, but I have realized I don't really want my smartwatch to function to the same extent as my phone. There's a few apps I use frequently, but I'm constantly downloading, then deleting, apps that just sit on my watch because I never use.

I am perfectly happy with my Gear 2 Neo, but the Gear S does have the additional functionality that I would consider moving to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12