Are there a lot of faces?

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I probably want a smart watch for a different reason then most. My biggest draw is changing the face. A watch is on your wrist and looking at all the time gets old. So I wasn't faces that look like real analog watches but many choices. I have found sites that have down loadable faces but cant tell if they work with Gear 2 Neo or Gear Live. Which also brings me to the question on which should I get, Is Tizon any good? Is Android better?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
By Android do you mean Gear 1 or Android smart watches like Motorola? I prefer Gear 2 only because I can read and respond to email in the Samsung stock email app. I think only Gmail gives email previews in Android watch. I know touchdown does not. Android watches have more available apps but there are lots of gear 2 watch faces you can download for free at gearfaces.com. If you don't care much about email previews I think I would go with Android Smartwear of some kind since there are more apps in playstore.

arburnley

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
By Android do you mean Gear 1 or Android smart watches like Motorola? I prefer Gear 2 only because I can read and respond to email in the Samsung stock email app. I think only Gmail gives email previews in Android watch. I know touchdown does not. Android watches have more available apps but there are lots of gear 2 watch faces you can download for free at gearfaces.com. If you don't care much about email previews I think I would go with Android Smartwear of some kind since there are more apps in playstore.

Sorry, should have mentioned. My two choices are either Samsung Gear 2 Neo or Samsung Live. My two concerns are amount of watch faces and Android vs Tizon. I did look at gearfaces.com. Do you know which ones woek on the Gear 2? Is it the ones labeled with WS/MW?

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
There are literally hundreds of watch faces for the Gear2. You can download a bunch from the Samsung Gear App store.. Some are free, and some cost a buck or two.

I get most of my watch faces from GearFaces | Let's Face it, you want it! They provide hundreds of downloadable faces for the Gear2 and the GearS. (When you go to the site, click on the WS/MW link on the top right of the screen to see all the available faces). All the faces except the ones specifically for the GearS will work with the Gear2 and Gear Neo.

Everything is free there, but if you like the site, you should support them with a voluntary donation.

You'll need to download an app to your phone called Watch Styler. It allows you to import the faces and load them on your watch. You can also use Watch Styler to create your own faces from scratch, (both digital and analog). My forum avatar on the left is a still shot of a functional watch face that I created with Watch Styler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995