What is the cure for wet speakers on the Neo?

A

AC Question

what is the cure for wet speakers on the neo

Rain or perspiration have a direct effect on the speaker. Each time I dry it out the sound quality diminishes and I have found no cure for this obvious defect in design. What am I to do?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: what is the cure for wet speakers on the neo

Welcome to Android Central.

If using a case and keeping the phone in a loose pocket don't help, try a plastic bag with a sealing strip across the top. I've seen such bags for sale, in packs of ten, for use with phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

If using a case and keeping the phone in a loose pocket don't help, try a plastic bag with a sealing strip across the top. I've seen such bags for sale, in packs of ten, for use with phones.

Guessing the OP does not want to keep a watch in a plastic bag while using it... ;) (Gear 2 forum....)

Try these threads for some tips - http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...eo/404027-speaker-not-loud-sound-garbled.html and http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...aware-gear-2-speaker-has-issues-when-wet.html

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Doh! I was assuming a Samsung Galaxy Neo or similar. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Rain or perspiration have a direct effect on the speaker. Each time I dry it out the sound quality diminishes and I have found no cure for this obvious defect in design. What am I to do?

You can try wiping the speaker with some rubbing alcohol to dry it out some. I do this after running and it keeps the speaker functioning properly.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I've used this technique with my wife's iphone and my own galaxy S5 when they've been exposed to water and the speakers sound quality diminished: place your electronic in a sealed bag of uncooked rice (sandwich bag will work) overnight. The rice will soak up any residue like sponge.

I'm serious, try it out.

Posted via the Android Central App