Home Button Fell Off!

ChiribaoGA

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my Gear 2 Neo while adjusting the band and that caused the home button to come loose. I can still place it in the slot and use it but it comes out very easily. Has anyone else had this problem and somehow got the button to stay fixed in the slot again?

Posted via the Android Central App

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I’ve heard of people having this problem while researching the watch online. I was afraid of this since the home button feels a little flimsy. I don’t think there’s any way to fix it, you might have to send it to Samsung to have them get it fixed if you’re still under your year warranty. I’m thinking about getting the Best Buy Geek Squad protection plan because of issues like this, or accidental cracked screens. I heard Square Trade offers good aftermarket warranties too, but I’m not sure if they have a limit on the time frame since purchase for signing up

radfish

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
I fixed mine today, You need to open up your neo i used the directions here (they would not let me post the link) google gear 2 neo home button replacement and you will find the directions I removed the white button mechanism and in there was a very small "c" spring clip. Using very small needle nose pliers i tweaked the spring clip a little to make it fit tighter on the post then put the button back into its slot and pushed the "c" clip back on the post

off topic my neo sat at the bottom of my fish pond for 4 months when I found it I popped open the case and let it sit in rice for 24 hrs and it worked fine until the button fell off now all is good

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I’ve heard of people having this problem while researching the watch online. I was afraid of this since the home button feels a little flimsy. I don’t think there’s any way to fix it, you might have to send it to Samsung to have them get it fixed if you’re still under your year warranty. I’m thinking about getting the Best Buy Geek Squad protection plan because of issues like this, or accidental cracked screens. I heard Square Trade offers good aftermarket warranties too, but I’m not sure if they have a limit on the time frame since purchase for signing up

I was afraid of a cracked screen on my Neo, by my own doing, so I got a cover. It's pretty thick, but so far so good. This also includes a little body cover.
ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Neo Screen Protector + Black Carbon Fiber Full Body Skin Protector /
http://www.amazon.com/ArmorSuit-Mil...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4975422

Posted via the *Note 5*

Dianellys Juarbe

Jan 22, 2017
Visit site
Mine fell off, could not find the home button anywhere. It was almost a year, but it still had some warranty left. Managed to send it to Samsung Repair. They said this type of damaged cannot be claim as warranty, so the cost for fixing it would be $161.78.

So thanks but no thanks. The watch cost me on amazon $169.99. I havent be able to find a home button replacement yet, and I dont use the watch, because it looks weird without the button, even though is functional.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jsmith786x