Will rooting my Gear 2 let me use Google now/ Google voice?

Jacob Western

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Recently I purchased the Gear 2 and I was decently satisfied with the device until I found out that s-voice only works when you are connected to wifi. This is the most idiotic limitation I have ever heard of because I solely bought this device to use when I am driving and unable to use my cell phone. I've read that when you root it, you have access to the google play store where i assume you can download Google now and use "Okay Google" to do voice commands. As everyone knows though rooting a device voids the warranty and if I cannot use google now then I am definitely going to return the Gear 2. If anyone could give me some information on this subject it would be greatly appreciated.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure S Voice should work when you aren't on wifi. Check out this solution - http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo/397249-gear-2-neo-s-voice-help.html. abrown1434 was told the same thing you were, but they got it working off of wifi.

Google Now notifications should come to the watch if you have the box checked in Gear Manager. If you're dead-set on using Google Voice, then this probably isn't the device for you. There are other devices that are designed to work with Google Voice. My advice is to not settle for something that isn't what you want. :)

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with yours but S Voice on my Gear 2 Neo definitely works for me via Mobile data considering I voice text, voice call and make voice notes in the car all the time. The only thing I wish is that S Voice turned on via a voice command as well (not sure if "Okay Google" works like that on Android Wear watches)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance