Why won't my Samsung Note 3 connect to my new Gear 2 Neo?

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Note 3 won't connect to new Gear 2 Neo

For some reason, my Note 3 isn't connecting to my new Gear 2 Neo. They've never been connected. The phone recognizes that the watch is there. It tries to connect.It says "installing additional software 0/2." Then I get an "Installation failed! Error code: -112" message. Suggestions???

I've tried chatting with Samsung. It wasn't my most productive chat. The guy gave up and told me to file an insurance claim. Bizarre. I tried a chat with another person, but that poor soul kept getting mixed up about what steps he'd told me to do. He kept telling me to do a soft reset on my phone over and over and over again.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Note 3 won't connect to new Gear 2 Neo

I never solved this one. I ended up returning the watch and buying the Asus Zenwatch. I had no trouble connecting to that watch. I'm still not sure if my problem was coming from the Neo, the Samsung Gear app, or some other phone quirk.

I hope other people don't have the same problem. I'm sure the Neo is an awesome watch.

jrdal

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

Ive got the same problem and still cannot figure it out. Samsungs techies werent able to help either. Can anyone????

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

Did you try to uninstall Gear Manager on your phone, reboot both Gear and phone, install Gear Manager again and connect?

Posted via the Android Central App

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

I got my Gear 2 Neo about 3 weeks ago and had no problems connecting to my Note 4. I'm guessing you have tried shutting off the phone and then restarting?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Ive got the same problem and still cannot figure it out. Samsungs techies werent able to help either. Can anyone????

I have a Note 3 and I've had this issue when flashing a new ROM and restoring from a Titanium Backup backup. Here's some things to try.

1. Uninstall the Gear Manager on the Note 3.
  2. Make sure you have a Samsung Account set up. If you do, sign out and sign back in.
  3. Make sure you have the Samsung Galaxy Apps appstore installed, and make sure it has updated itself to the latest version.
  4. In Galaxy Apps, search and download/install Gear Manager.
  5. Follow the steps again, and try to install.

LillieC

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site

I have a note3 and was trying to pair it up with the new Gear S and was getting the same error code: -112 when the new gear manager app was trying to initialize. Here is how I had to fix mine. I uninstalled the new gear manager app and then I looked through my downloaded apps and noticed about 10 or so that were originally used by my first Gear watch. The icon for these apps were a picture of the original gear watch. SAAlarmProvider is an example of one if you want to do a google search to see what it looks like. I went through and individually uninstalled each of these. These were not apps I downloaded either. These were from the first generation gear manager. Once all the apps were uninstalled. I then downloaded the new Gear Manager again this time it installed additional software without any errors. The watch is now working great. Hope this helps someone. Just to be clear, only uninstalling the gear manager did not fix my problem. The applications that were causing issues remained.