Samsung's Gear S2 makes its Instagram debut on an exec's wrist

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
gears2-2.jpg
Samsung showed off its forthcoming Gear S2 smartwatch pretty extensively a few weeks ago at its event introducing the Galaxy Note 5, but now we're getting a look at the device that isn't just a render. VP for Samsung design Dennis Miloseski posted an image of the Gear S2 today to his Instagram feed, simply saying that he's "giving the Gear S2 a test drive." We have to say that it's even more attractive looking in an actual photo than it was in the renders Samsung showed off -- it's too early to tell, but it could be a strong contender for the best-looking smartwatch thus far. (Too bad it's running Tizen.) If that doesn't deter you, we should hear more about the Gear S2 at IFA 2015, which kicks off in early September.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have both Android Wear and Tizen... Tizen has great battery life and ease of use, Wear has Google Flash in Bells and Whistles.
Depending on what you want to do with it has it's pro's & cons. I can do things on my Tizen Gear smartwatch in which I can't on my Android Wear smartwatch and vice versa... it's all relative to the need of the user

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I have both Android Wear and Tizen... Tizen has great battery life and ease of use, Wear has Google Flash in Bells and Whistles.
Depending on what you want to do with it has it's pro's & cons. I can do things on my Tizen Gear smartwatch in which I can't on my Android Wear smartwatch and vice versa... it's all relative to the need of the user

That's the big thing that I can't decide. I have a Gear 2 Neo, so Tizen, and I know what I like about it. Not having an Android Wear to compare it to, seeing what I'm ok losing/gaining in features, I don't know if I'd be happier with Tizen or Android Wear.

I guess, in this case, ignorance is bliss, since I really like my watch.

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Now with second generation Moto-360 is out, price on first generation will drop $ dramatically.
It will definitely be under a hundred dollars $$, I've seen it drop to $135 at Best Buy deals on occasion.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am using the Gear2 and love the design. It does everything I need and use it for. Wont be upgrading

Posted via the Android Central App