Fitness Features:
1.Heart Rate sensor
2.Pedometer
3.Exercise
Standalone Modes: Running, Walking
Companion Modes: Cycling, Hiking
4.Sleep & Stress (Downloadable)

Copied from Samsung webpage.

Also, it has IR (means remote functionality). "WatchON Remote: Remote Controller via IrLED Sensor"

Music Player with Bluetooth? Headset and Speaker. Can play music without connected to phone, standalone music player (good job!)

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Built in mp3 for sure! Is it the only smartwatch with this feature? For this alone, I am willing to sell my GG to get the G2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
In my view it comes down to some "nice to haves" vs a radically changed device. So for example, the Home button is nice to have and def an improvement. All other "stuff" for me comes down to health tracker like features (which I personally have zero use for) and some changes around the camera and small design changes. Again, nothing radical, just a bit better than the original.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Built in mp3 for sure! Is it the only smartwatch with this feature? For this alone, I am willing to sell my GG to get the G2.

You can have your original Gear doing the same - just root it and sideload a music player...

Posted via Android Central App

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Just curious why everyone wants to have a built in music player. It's like playing music on your phone without headphones for everyone to hear since there's no audio jack on the watch. If you have your watch on, chances are the phone is nearby anyway with much better sound quality than the watch. The media controller on the other hand is a very useful tool.

I was wondering if there's a use for it that I'm overlooking.

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Just curious why everyone wants to have a built in music player. It's like playing music on your phone without headphones for everyone to hear since there's no audio jack on the watch. If you have your watch on, chances are the phone is nearby anyway with much better sound quality than the watch. The media controller on the other hand is a very useful tool.

I was wondering if there's a use for it that I'm overlooking.

Bluetooth headset and no need to carry your phone at the gym.

I can't decide between the Gear 2 and the Gear Neo.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Rjbphotos is right, having a built in mp3 on the Gear would be so convenient at the gym, cylcling, etc. Currently on my GG, I have a Bose bluetooth headset, great sound quality, but I have to carry my Note 2. As for sideloading an mp3 and rooting it, can anyone please give me instructions. Sorry, I am very tech challenged.

itinj6

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth headset and no need to carry your phone at the gym.

I can't decide between the Gear 2 and the Gear Neo.

Ahh, good call. Didn't think about bluetoothing directly to a headset without the phone. Probably because I always have to have my phone close by even at the gym or when I run. Phoneless is not an option for me.

DrSavant

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Rjbphotos is right, having a built in mp3 on the Gear would be so convenient at the gym, cylcling, etc. Currently on my GG, I have a Bose bluetooth headset, great sound quality, but I have to carry my Note 2. As for sideloading an mp3 and rooting it, can anyone please give me instructions. Sorry, I am very tech challenged.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2511760

Not sure you want to do this, if you are not comfortable with technology though...

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

elvis1935

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have seen them and it's real cool i already sold my gg for the g2 and pre order last friday so I can't wait but the neo does not look bad or feel cheep I almost got that on for 100 cheeper .

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I was asking this earlier from another thread. Since we don't have the Moto 360 section yet, I figure I'll ask here.

I have been looking for more information on the Moto 360. Does anyone know if you can receive and make phone calls via its speaker? I know you can use Google Now but how about making and receiving calls?

raremage

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I was asking this earlier from another thread. Since we don't have the Moto 360 section yet, I figure I'll ask here.

I have been looking for more information on the Moto 360. Does anyone know if you can receive and make phone calls via its speaker? I know you can use Google Now but how about making and receiving calls?

All the videos and previews seem to emphasize Google Now functions as well as Hangouts. Nothing I've seen so far indicates using the Moto 360 for a "true" cellular voice call.

Having said that, it supports Bluetooth (again based on the videos etcetera) do there's no reason to really think they couldn't be used that way. It would seem logical for voice communications to be baked in as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463