Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rd_nest
  • 2 Post By rjbphotos
  • 1 Post By elvis1935
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    13,589 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,864 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

    Default Gear 2: Features

    What do you guys think will be offered on this device?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-01-2014 at 05:23 PM.

    Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Features

    Fitness Features:
    1.Heart Rate sensor
    2.Pedometer
    3.Exercise
    Standalone Modes: Running, Walking
    Companion Modes: Cycling, Hiking
    4.Sleep & Stress (Downloadable)

    Copied from Samsung webpage.

    Also, it has IR (means remote functionality). "WatchON Remote: Remote Controller via IrLED Sensor"

    Music Player with Bluetooth® Headset and Speaker. Can play music without connected to phone, standalone music player (good job!)
    UJ95x likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Features

    WATCH
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Built in mp3 for sure! Is it the only smartwatch with this feature? For this alone, I am willing to sell my GG to get the G2.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    In my view it comes down to some "nice to haves" vs a radically changed device. So for example, the Home button is nice to have and def an improvement. All other "stuff" for me comes down to health tracker like features (which I personally have zero use for) and some changes around the camera and small design changes. Again, nothing radical, just a bit better than the original.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammuel1973 View Post
    Built in mp3 for sure! Is it the only smartwatch with this feature? For this alone, I am willing to sell my GG to get the G2.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    You can have your original Gear doing the same - just root it and sideload a music player...

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Just curious why everyone wants to have a built in music player. It's like playing music on your phone without headphones for everyone to hear since there's no audio jack on the watch. If you have your watch on, chances are the phone is nearby anyway with much better sound quality than the watch. The media controller on the other hand is a very useful tool.

    I was wondering if there's a use for it that I'm overlooking.

    Posted via Android Central App
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Quote Originally Posted by itinj6 View Post
    Just curious why everyone wants to have a built in music player. It's like playing music on your phone without headphones for everyone to hear since there's no audio jack on the watch. If you have your watch on, chances are the phone is nearby anyway with much better sound quality than the watch. The media controller on the other hand is a very useful tool.

    I was wondering if there's a use for it that I'm overlooking.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Bluetooth headset and no need to carry your phone at the gym.

    I can't decide between the Gear 2 and the Gear Neo.
    raremage and cehowardNote3 like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Rjbphotos is right, having a built in mp3 on the Gear would be so convenient at the gym, cylcling, etc. Currently on my GG, I have a Bose bluetooth headset, great sound quality, but I have to carry my Note 2. As for sideloading an mp3 and rooting it, can anyone please give me instructions. Sorry, I am very tech challenged.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Quote Originally Posted by rjbphotos View Post
    Bluetooth headset and no need to carry your phone at the gym.

    I can't decide between the Gear 2 and the Gear Neo.
    Ahh, good call. Didn't think about bluetoothing directly to a headset without the phone. Probably because I always have to have my phone close by even at the gym or when I run. Phoneless is not an option for me.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammuel1973 View Post
    Rjbphotos is right, having a built in mp3 on the Gear would be so convenient at the gym, cylcling, etc. Currently on my GG, I have a Bose bluetooth headset, great sound quality, but I have to carry my Note 2. As for sideloading an mp3 and rooting it, can anyone please give me instructions. Sorry, I am very tech challenged.

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app


    Not sure you want to do this, if you are not comfortable with technology though...

    Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Hows the battery back and what is the charging time?

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    I have seen them and it's real cool i already sold my gg for the g2 and pre order last friday so I can't wait but the neo does not look bad or feel cheep I almost got that on for 100 cheeper .
    raremage likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    I was asking this earlier from another thread. Since we don't have the Moto 360 section yet, I figure I'll ask here.

    I have been looking for more information on the Moto 360. Does anyone know if you can receive and make phone calls via its speaker? I know you can use Google Now but how about making and receiving calls?

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Gear 2: Features

    Quote Originally Posted by Sammuel1973 View Post
    I was asking this earlier from another thread. Since we don't have the Moto 360 section yet, I figure I'll ask here.

    I have been looking for more information on the Moto 360. Does anyone know if you can receive and make phone calls via its speaker? I know you can use Google Now but how about making and receiving calls?

    Sent from my SGH-T889 using AC Forums mobile app
    All the videos and previews seem to emphasize Google Now functions as well as Hangouts. Nothing I've seen so far indicates using the Moto 360 for a "true" cellular voice call.

    Having said that, it supports Bluetooth (again based on the videos etcetera) do there's no reason to really think they couldn't be used that way. It would seem logical for voice communications to be baked in as well.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S5 Camera Features/Modes Revealed!
    By smooth4lyfe in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2014, 08:07 PM
  2. Will the Galaxy S5 has as many "features" (bloatware?) as the S4?
    By Kevin O'Quinn in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM
  3. Video Camera Feature with USB or Bluetooth Microphone...
    By Dale_M in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 01:28 PM
  4. Glance Wake Up Feature
    By cristianocr7 in forum HTC One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 12:20 PM
  5. Galaxy S5 to feature eye-scanning technology?
    By UJ95x in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:20 PM

Posting Permissions

B