GEAR 2 Screen Protectors

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
No need for a screen protector on the Gear 2
I received my screen protection kit today from Amazon. I ordered this kit from Spigen (which rarely goes wrong)... Spigen? [Gear 2] [Full Coverage] Samsung Gear 2 Screen Protector Clear [Flex] [3-Pack] Clear Screen Protector Flexible Wet Screen Protector for Samsung Gear 2 (2014) - Flex (SGP10838):Amazon:Cell Phones & Accessories. Everything is packaged beautifully and seems very high quality. Now all I need is the frick'n watch! :/

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Galaxy Gear last week because I am getting the Gear 2 as soon as it shows. Just want to comment, that I had purchased TWO different brands of screen protectors for my 1st gen Gear, but never put either on. One of them was that carbon one which covered everything. Said that to say, from October to now, just wearing the naked watch, not a scratch anywhere. It look brand new when I sold it...The naked Gear build quality is good.

MiniM3

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I get ZAGG InvisiShields at work for free so no biggie, I prefer to have one on for the extra protection, you never know. I'm rough on watches and it doesn't affect the touch screen in anyway, why not.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I get ZAGG InvisiShields at work for free so no biggie, I prefer to have one on for the extra protection, you never know. I'm rough on watches and it doesn't affect the touch screen in anyway, why not.

Exactly. I have the Spigen. Crystal clear, no orange peel, and no negative impact on performance. It's worth it to me, if for nothing else than peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I hope to get one of these. Waiting for them to release it. As of yesterday Best Buy wasn't carrying them yet. I don't trust myself to not scratch it for as rough as I am about getting things done with my hands.

MiniM3

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I just get either the cell phone ones or a tablet one and cut time, it takes me a whole 2 minutes and one sheet can probably last you a lifetime of the watch. I'm guessing if they come out with InvisiShields for the Gears, it would probably cost a lot more then cutting up a bit sheet of it.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I just get either the cell phone ones or a tablet one and cut time, it takes me a whole 2 minutes and one sheet can probably last you a lifetime of the watch. I'm guessing if they come out with InvisiShields for the Gears, it would probably cost a lot more then cutting up a bit sheet of it.

Invisible shield is 9.99 but they have a stellar warranty. I have done the cut method and was going through them more often than I cared. If done right, it takes A LOT to get the Zagg to look like crap.

gear2swt

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the illumashield from Amazon for the Gear2, but it doesn't fit the Gear 2. Because of the curved face, the top and bottom of the screen protector peels away. I've had the best results with Boxwave, but they don't list them yet.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I do that too for things like my insulin pump's screen. Verizon has 3-packs of protectors for dirt cheap IMO, so I buy extras and cut them up for various needs.

The protector blew off of my Gear 2 today, less than 5 hours post-install. I think the HIGH blower on my vehicle's A/C is what blew it off.

I ended up getting an Armoursuit shield. Good fit, but lousy feel--too much stiction for my liking.

Last edited: