Gold Gear 2 with gold band?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
So far I have only been able to see the silver one in person. Does the gold one look gold enough to match up with a gold metal band? I'd like to see pictures if anyone has done this already.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
it's rose gold. not "gold" gold. its sort of coppery/gold in color.

Actually, the gold version of the Galaxy Gear was "Rose Gold. " The Gear 2 gold version is a different color altogether. They call it "Gold Brown." From the looks of these photos, I don't think a traditional yellow gold (real or simulated 10, 18, or 24 karat) band would look very good, but just my opinion. If I had that color and wanted a "dressy" look, I'd go with a high quality, glossy brown leather. Samsung Gear™ 2 Gold Brown

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If I had that color and wanted a "dressy" look, I'd go with a high quality, glossy brown leather.

Samsung had one at one of the press events with a brown band, which you can see in the photo in this article:

Samsung Gear 2 shows off its new Tizen interface (photos) - CNET

It looks really nice to me (the stock band looks good too, but leather is dressier). The key to any band not made by Samsung with the gold brown color is going to be matching the clasp to the watch body, depending on how much you care about that and the size and type of the clasp. I picked up a rose gold deployment clasp that I hope matches the color of the watch reasonably well.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the gold version of the Galaxy Gear was "Rose Gold. " The Gear 2 gold version is a different color altogether. They call it "Gold Brown." From the looks of these photos, I don't think a traditional yellow gold (real or simulated 10, 18, or 24 karat) band would look very good, but just my opinion. If I had that color and wanted a "dressy" look, I'd go with a high quality, glossy brown leather. Samsung Gear?„? 2 Gold Brown

You may well be right, but every single photo I've seen of the "gold/brown" gear 2 appears identical to the rose gold of the previous version. If it's close, I'll be happy. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I just brought up large images, side by side, of both the gear rose/gold and the gear 2 brown/gold and they do indeed look like different colors. I've no way to know how accurately the colors are portrayed by each photo, however, so until I see the Gear 2 in person I'll reserve judgment about the color.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000