techradar review claims watch resets every time phone is turned off. true or not?

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Not true. Just tried it with the Neo. BT disconnected(obviously) but still does everything that it does not need a BT connection for. I do have to open Gear Manager and reconnect with the watch after turning the phone back on, but that may just be me.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I rebooted my phone hoping that it would fix the S Health sync issue (it didn't) and they reconnected on their own. I have the Neo BTW.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It has never happened to me and I haven't seen anyone on this forum complain about it.

He also says he doesn't like the small icons. Apparently he doesn't know the watch let's you choose between small and large icons.

naqzar

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I have restarted my phone many times, all that happens is my gear 2 vibrates and tells me bt was disconnected and then again when the phone boots back up saying bt was connected. Never once has my watch reset.

mustc

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Add my voice to the chorus. I just shut down my watch , and when I powered it back up, it came up in the same configuration as what was when I shut it off.

Posted via Android Central App

Minh Nguyen7

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have had the same problem with tech radar guys. My gear 2 Neo keeps resetting to factory setting every time my phone restart. But now I believe the problem was solved. I connected my phone to 2 different Gears (Im a tech reviewer and I got 2 Gears 2 Neo on my desk). And that seems to be the root of the problem. Every time my phone try to connect to the latter, it recognizes as a "different Gear" than the first one on paired list and try to reset the gear Im connecting to. The solution is simple. Unpair everything in bluetooth, clear data of everything looks like a Gear Manager (there is several apps looks like it, Im not sure which one so better safe than sorry). Then pair the one you want to use. Not very hassle free, I know. Even If the geeks at Techradar couldnt figure it out, who would? Get your mind straight, Sammy.

Last edited:

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I have not had my Gear 2 reset itself (yet), but every time I re-connect my Gear 1 after using the Gear 2, the Gear Manager for the Gear 1 DOES RESET ITSELF back to the default settings! This really pisses me off because it is a major headache to get all of my notifications setup again in the GM without it freezing/crashing due to the tons of apps/games I have installed on my Note 3.

Just so you all know, going back and forth from the Gear 1 to Gear 2 is NOT at all seamless and can be a true pain in the *** because the GM will constantly have to restore and/or re-install it's software EVERY TIME! Samsung really didn't think this through very much at all, but their tech support "says" that they're working on it.

Compusmurf

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I have not had my Gear 2 reset itself (yet), but every time I re-connect my Gear 1 after using the Gear 2, the Gear Manager for the Gear 1 DOES RESET ITSELF back to the default settings! This really pisses me off because it is a major headache to get all of my notifications setup again in the GM without it freezing/crashing due to the tons of apps/games I have installed on my Note 3.

Just so you all know, going back and forth from the Gear 1 to Gear 2 is NOT at all seamless and can be a true pain in the *** because the GM will constantly have to restore and/or re-install it's software EVERY TIME! Samsung really didn't think this through very much at all, but their tech support "says" that they're working on it.

Why, may I ask, would you want BOTH devices when one obviously designed to replace the other? one on each wrist?

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been restarting a few times a day for random things, it connects up just fine and leaves off where it left off. WORKS GREAT!

Kevin L2

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
My Gear 2 resets every time I power it off. I spent a fair amount of time putting music on the thing 7 to 9 songs at a time. Then poof they're all wiped clean because every time I power down and then turn it on again it makes me go through the set up process again. According to this blog, others have not experienced this issue, but don't discount those of us who have. I have a Samsung S5, Note 3, Pro 12.2...I like Samsung products but this particular Gear 2 watch seems to have a glitch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs