How do you send pic via text

decarlo4

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
I am trying to send pictures taken with my gear 2 via text from the watch but the share option stays dim. The option is there but it isn't highlighted as a choice. Has anyone been able to send a pic via text directly from their gear?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s5

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
You could not send OR recieve on the original watch either. I was pleasantly shocked to recieve a picture in messages with this one. That being said on the original you could only transfer pics to your phone or "share" to Evernote but supposedly that was going to open up later. Until I started using Evernote on the gear 1 the share button was grayed out as well.

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I want to share pictures taken with my watch to for example facebook. Should be possible!
Also, I want to see facebook pictures other people have shared. I could do that on my Sony Smartwatch 2.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I want to share pictures taken with my watch to for example facebook. Should be possible!
Also, I want to see facebook pictures other people have shared. I could do that on my Sony Smartwatch 2.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to use the camera on the watch vs your phone. The quality is not very good. I use the camera on mine to snap things that I want to reference later or remember.

haus

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
It's easier to snap a photo on the gear than the phone. By the time I get my phone out of my pocket, key in the PIN, press the camera button, and wait for it to load, the moment has usually passed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hufza

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why would you want to use the camera on the watch vs your phone. The quality is not very good. I use the camera on mine to snap things that I want to reference later or remember.

The camera is good enough for facebook. In fact, it is perfect for facebook! It is so easy to take a picture, much more easier than finding the phone, unlocking it and take a picture. But, if I can't post the picture right from the watch, I still have to find and unlock the phone to share it... Also, it should be possible to share pictures by e-mail, MMS and hangouts. This should be very easy to implement...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad