Go SMS and the Gear 2

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone manage to get Go SMS to show all the messages on the Gear 2? Currently, if I get one message on my phone it will send it to my Gear 2 and I can read it. However, if I don't quickly read that single text on my phone or Gear 2 and I receive another text (whether from the same sender or another), all I get is "2 unread messages" and I can't read anything on my Gear 2. Even more annoying is that sometimes I do check it on my phone AND Gear 2 and try to clear the notification from the Gear 2 but it doesn't. So when I get another text it will just say "2/3/4/etc unread messages" with no way to read them on the Gear 2. It's frustrating because most of the time it will not display the actual text but only tell me I have have unread messages (even when I don't). So I've just stopped using the app altogether as I got tired of scrolling through and pressing buttons on my watch just to get to the "unread messages" and then be forced to pull the phone from my pocket. Hopefully there is a way to read ALL texts on the Gear 2? And please don't tell me to use the stock messaging app. I receive too many texts for work (and need to save a lot of them) and the stock messaging app can't for some reason handle a lot of texts... so for the last year or so I've been using Go SMS. Would love to have the ability to read all my texts from my watch. Thanks in advance for the help.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have had no problems using Go SMS with my Gear 2.

If you receive two or more text messages without checking your phone or watch can you read them all on your watch? Can you confirm you never receive a message "2 unread messages" before and if you click it nothing happens? If so may I ask what you have your GoSMS settings set for under notifications? To reiterate, I can't read the texts on my watch if I receive more than one text. Thanks.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If you receive two or more text messages without checking your phone or watch can you read them all on your watch? Can you confirm you never receive a message "2 unread messages" before and if you click it nothing happens? If so may I ask what you have your GoSMS settings set for under notifications? To reiterate, I can't read the texts on my watch if I receive more than one text. Thanks.

I'm a dork. I had forgotten I had switched to the default messaging app just prior to getting the Gear as I feared it would create problems. (I've never used Go wallpaper so I don't notice much of a difference) . But... I didn't want to leave you hanging so downloaded GoSMSPro again. In app manager on my Note 3 I went to default messaging app, cleared cache, cleared data and then turned it off. The "show notifications remained checked, but I doubt that matters. I sent multiple messages from 2 other devices. No errors. Since I just installed GO again, it's settings are the default. Under Notification, then message notification: enable notification is on, disable other notification is off. Oh, and I didn't receive photos on the Gear 2 this way, which I do via the default app. Sorry I first told you incorrectly, but hope the reinstall info helps.

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm a dork. I had forgotten I had switched to the default messaging app just prior to getting the Gear as I feared it would create problems. (I've never used Go wallpaper so I don't notice much of a difference) . But... I didn't want to leave you hanging so downloaded GoSMSPro again. In app manager on my Note 3 I went to default messaging app, cleared cache, cleared data and then turned it off. The "show notifications remained checked, but I doubt that matters. I sent multiple messages from 2 other devices. No errors. Since I just installed GO again, it's settings are the default. Under Notification, then message notification: enable notification is on, disable other notification is off. Oh, and I didn't receive photos on the Gear 2 this way, which I do via the default app. Sorry I first told you incorrectly, but hope the reinstall info helps.

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately no matter how much I tweak the settings, I cannot read the texts on the Gear 2 if I receive more than one text from the same sender. It just notifies me that I received a text and there are "unread messages". I can only read the texts if I receive one single text from one sender. If I don't read it from my phone (it won't clear the notification if I read it from the watch only), any subsequent text either from the same sender or another sender will not be viewable on the Gear 2. Gmail works great... can read emails from my watch regardless if I get 1 or 10 emails in. I wish Go SMS worked the same. But again, thanks for your help.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
In gear manager settings it says only the native messaging app will work for notifications. Hopefully this will be changed in future updates.

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone find a way to use something other than stock sms? If so, could you please provide details?

So far, only stock messaging works for receiving and replying. I was able to receive messages using goSMS pro, by making it the default messaging on my phone and setting the gear to receive notifications from gosms and not the stock app. You should not get and duplicate messages and if you get multiple, you should be able to swipe sideways through the messages. Hope that helps.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So far, only stock messaging works for receiving and replying. I was able to receive messages using goSMS pro, by making it the default messaging on my phone and setting the gear to receive notifications from gosms and not the stock app. You should not get and duplicate messages and if you get multiple, you should be able to swipe sideways through the messages. Hope that helps.

-via Android Central App on GWaLL's S5

Receiving is useless with GoSMS unless you only receive one text every 5 minutes max. Any more than that and you will get a message alert on your Gear....you can then click on the notification icon, scroll down to GoSMS, click on it, click on the recipient that sent the text... then the Gear will tell you "you have unread messages". That was real useful. All that work just so you're forced to pull out your phone. LOL