Gear Fit: Star of the show! I'm so sold on this..

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey DAS, it's Glenn. I just picked up my Gear 2 Neo yesterday from ATT. Ditched my Fitbit as I lost one while riding the Burgman and the second one was recalled. :/ Didn't want a first generation smart watch, so I'm really digging into the Neo. Good to see ya here!

Sent you a PM.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

The only downfall of the reviews so far is that no one seems to review the heart monitoring, or the pedometer features of the Gear Fit. I've heard conflicting reports of inaccurate readings, and don't want to spend $200 if that's the case.

No pedometer is 100% all the time. Afterall, unless it's strapped to my ankle I don't see how it could possibly know 100% of the time how many steps I've taken.

Last edited by a moderator:

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Star of the show! I'm so sold on this..

No pedometer is 100% all the time. Afterall, unless it's strapped to my ankle I don't see how it could possibly know 100% of the time how many steps I've taken.

Well I want to use it for running, and just want to make sure it accurately counts my steps. My Galaxy Note 3 is too bulky for running. I might just take my chances and pick one up anyway. Thanks!

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I run with my N2 strapped to my arm. ;)

Im hoping to pick up the gear fit soon. can't wait to take it running.

Posted via Android Central App

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a negative Nancy but I don't think the pedometer will work very well for running ....based on my experience with other pedometers, not sure why it wouldn't use the smartphones gps like the Cycle people does.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

and1android

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
another gear fit review video (sync'd with galaxy note 3)

does samsung have any official channels where they let you know of updates for wearables?

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Well I want to use it for running, and just want to make sure it accurately counts my steps. My Galaxy Note 3 is too bulky for running. I might just take my chances and pick one up anyway. Thanks!

Like you I own the Note 3. However, like the poster with the handle of "hopefulfarm" I use an armband to holster the Note while I'm running. I run between 120-140 miles a month and have had no problems with the Note 3 in an armband. Synced up with the Gear or the Fit I don't have to look at the phone if a text, call or email comes in, and since it's connected to the phone the wearable illuminates throughout the run so I can quickly see what is being spoken regarding distance, pace, and time as the audio feedback is playing in my ear.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Like you I own the Note 3. However, like the poster with the handle of "hopefulfarm" I use an armband to holster the Note while I'm running. I run between 120-140 miles a month and have had no problems with the Note 3 in an armband. Synced up with the Gear or the Fit I don't have to look at the phone if a text, call or email comes in, and since it's connected to the phone the wearable illuminates throughout the run so I can quickly see what is being spoken regarding distance, pace, and time as the audio feedback is playing in my ear.
Thanks for the feedback, I just picked up a Gear Fit today. I'm anxious to get some daily use out of this. I especially can't wait to run with it. Thanks for the response.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the feedback, I just picked up a Gear Fit today. I'm anxious to get some daily use out of this. I especially can't wait to run with it. Thanks for the response.

You're welcome! Let us know how you like it.

Once thing I noticed. The S-Health app that's on the Note 3 is different than the one on the GS5? I'm not sure why Sammy has done this. The result is that the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear Neo do not sync up within the S-Health app. What they've done is add a separate app to allow you see your calories burned, and other stats, but I just wish they would have upgraded the S-Health on the Note 3.

If you don't use S-health then it doesn't matter, but if you do, then it's really disappointing.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

You're welcome! Let us know how you like it.

Once thing I noticed. The S-Health app that's on the Note 3 is different than the one on the GS5? I'm not sure why Sammy has done this. The result is that the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear Neo do not sync up within the S-Health app. What they've done is add a separate app to allow you see your calories burned, and other stats, but I just wish they would have upgraded the S-Health on the Note 3.

If you don't use S-health then it doesn't matter, but if you do, then it's really disappointing.

I downloaded the "Fitness with Gear" app as well. So far this device is awesome. I've been lazy today with no gym time, but still getting the notifications on my wrist is pretty sweet. Will keep you updated for sure. Thanks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded the "Fitness with Gear" app as well. So far this device is awesome. I've been lazy today with no gym time, but still getting the notifications on my wrist is pretty sweet. Will keep you updated for sure. Thanks!

There are a lot people who cannot understand or see the value in these devices, but once you start getting your notifications on your wrist and don't have to grab for your phone every 2 minutes you realize how convenient the technology is.

I have been using the Gear since last November, and I could never go back to just a plain wrist watch again. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

There are a lot people who cannot understand or see the value in these devices, but once you start getting your notifications on your wrist and don't have to grab for your phone every 2 minutes you realize how convenient the technology is.

I have been using the Gear since last November, and I could never go back to just a plain wrist watch again. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.
After a few days with the Gear Fit I actually really like it. The pedometer and heart rate monitor seem fairly accurate and getting my notifications on my wrist is really convenient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech