Longer battery life?

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Although it's neat that you can change wallpaper and different color i find the battery sucks on the device. Best to choose a solid black since then I've had my fit without charging for 3 days solid even my notification is one.:) Also at night time turn off the blue tooth on the gear fit obviously you won't need while you're sleeping.

Last edited by a moderator:

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: want longer battery life

I can get 4 - 5 days with a color background. I used to get 2 days until I turned off the feature that wakes my fit every time I move my wrist.

shn'g

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I can get 4 - 5 days with a color background. I used to get 2 days until I turned off the feature that wakes my fit every time I move my wrist.

yeah sometimes it doesn't even work when I do move my wrist. I hate having to hit a button though to power this thing on. Why not have a double tap on the screen to wake?

pinkivy98

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

yeah sometimes it doesn't even work when I do move my wrist. I hate having to hit a button though to power this thing on. Why not have a double tap on the screen to wake?

Yes this would be a nice feature.

mixterz1985

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site

id imagine there will be a gear fit 2 at some point.
maybe more compatible with non Samsung devices would be a start.

GeekyMom

May 17, 2011
Visit site

I'm not getting good battery life at all. I changed my background from a colorful one a couple of days ago and now have a black background with a couple of pink hearts which I don't think should make a big difference. I just reduced screen on from 30 secs to 15. Dropped Twitter notifications and a couple of other apps I don't really use from my notifications. I may take off the hand gestures, but that's one of the nice functions and really cool features.

I charged it up over night to 100%, this morning I took it off the cradle at 8:00 a.m. and now at 2:30 p.m. its at 41% in one day. This is my only area of dissatisfaction with the watch, mind you I brought it for the notifications and alerts so I have only used the heart monitor which seems to work fine.

When I called Samsung today about it they told me to take it into BestBuy for a reset or return it to them for evaluation. I really don't want to do either, I was hoping for a quick fix with a tweak here or there.

Btw: Since I was told that Bluetooth is a drain I downloaded "AutoBluetooth" app from the Play store. I set Bluetooth to turn off at 11:00 pm and back on at 6:00 a.m. on the cell phone app to save battery life overnight when I'm not using it.

UPDATE:
Changed the setting from 30 seconds screen out to 10 seconds and that solved the problem. Now I'm two days on battery, think I till turn off the gesture to see if I can stretch it to 4 days. I agree it would be better to have a tap on screen.

Last edited:

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Just got my gear fit. Yeah, I'm late in the cycle for the gear fit, but I've been happy with my smart watches - the Toq, the Moto 360, and the LG G Watch R, just last week.

All my mechanical watches have been languishing on their winders this past year and I really wanted to be able to wear them again, but just couldn't get myself to pull out my Note 3 from my pocket again every time it vibrates, after experiencing the convenience of notifications on my wrist with my smart watches. I "discovered" that the gear fit would bridge that gap. I realized it would allow me to enjoy my mechanicals again while wearing the gear fit on my right wrist, worn underhand.

I'm not interested in the fitness functions of the gear fit since I'm physically active already. The notifications on the gear fit satisfies my needs for remote notifications on my wrist while allowing me to wear my traditional mechanical watches. I'm just amazed the gear fit didn't catch my attention earlier this year. Truly is a gem for my needs.

Having said all these, I'm really hoping Samsung will enable a touch to wake functionality on the gear fit, just like on my smart watches. The gyroscope on the gear fit that's supposed to wake it up with a wrist motion is highly unreliable. I've tried all wrist positions both on my left and right wrists, in vain. Then again, it would turn itself on with random movements, which kills the battery. In my frustration, I decided to turn of the wrist gesture wake up feature.

Is there a hardware limitation on the gear fit that will make it unlikely that Samsung will or can enable a touch to wake up functionality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams