On my Galaxy S3, my Gear fit manager has an update required to use Gear fit, but fails. What should I do?

Nads Rocker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S3: Gear fit manager - Update required to use Gear fit, but fails

Hello,

Phone: Galaxy S3
Accesory: Gear fit
Issue: Gear fit manager requires update to connect to my Gear fit. Clicking on OK for update downloads the update automatically, but once update is downloaded, it still keeps saying gear fit manager needs be updated before synchronizing with my watch.

Actions taken: Re-installing the app from google play store, also tried reinstall it using the version on samsung site, still same issue.

Any suggestion please ?

Nads Rocker

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3: Gear fit manager - Update required to use Gear fit, but fails

got the solution, actually the "gear fit manager" found under google play store and also under samsung apps were not compatible with S3 as it seems.
Downloading it from another source ended up being the perfect solution and now everything's working fine

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Please share that other source where you downloaded the gear fit manager app. I have the same problem. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Please share that other source where you downloaded the gear fit manager app. I have the same problem. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never mind. Found it myself at XDA developers site. Funny thing is from the Samsung galaxy apps, my gear fit manager app is updated to the latest version, but the XDA developers site has a newest version available. When I downloaded that, the gear fit successfully connected. Thanks anyway....