Google Fit on Gear Fit, How Does It Work?

Melissa Haseley

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I recently got a Gear Fit for my birthday and went thru Gear Fit store to find apps. Google Fit was in the Gear Fit store, so I assumed it would work with the Gear Fit, but I can't see where it would be added onto the Gear Fit (whether it's thru App Connect or some other method). Does anyone use Google Fit? If so, have you linked your Gear Fit to it or know how?
-using Samsung Galaxy Note 2

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Melissa,

I used Google Fit for a couple of hours (and uninstalled it because it's still not working well) and as I understand this app....it catches the activity data that your phone gathers. So if you have s health installed it will get your stepcounts from the gear fit. So now Google Fit gathers the data from your s health. Google fit also gathers all the movement data of your phone (I'm not sure what sensors are built in your Note 2) and interprets it into the app.
To be honest....my experience and a lot of reviews come to the same conclusion that Google fit needs some major improvement at this time. A lot of data is incorrect or getting lost after a couple of days.
For Samsung users it is the best (and I recommend) to use s health or the compatible nike+ running app.

Have a fit day,
mrschneiderish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze