S Health & Nougat

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, it appears that S Health is officially not compatible with the new Android OS, Nougat.

I have a Nexus 6P which was updated to Android 7.0 on Monday, and everything has been great! Love the new OS, it's fast, battery life is better, all good stuff.

However, the next day I went out and did a run with my Gear Fit 2, fired up S Health after too upload my run from the watch, and it just sits there on the green loading screen forever. Doesn't give me an error or close itself, just sits there. I've tried clearing the cache, restarting the phone, uninstall and reinstall the app. Nothing.

Anybody else having the same issue and figured out a solution? I run a lot and would love to be able to access all my data, very frustrating! I guess at this point we can just hope that Samsung will push out an update, which will probably take forever since their OS updates are usually 6 months behind an OS release...

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it appears that S Health is officially not compatible with the new Android OS, Nougat.

I have a Nexus 6P which was updated to Android 7.0 on Monday, and everything has been great! Love the new OS, it's fast, battery life is better, all good stuff.

However, the next day I went out and did a run with my Gear Fit 2, fired up S Health after too upload my run from the watch, and it just sits there on the green loading screen forever. Doesn't give me an error or close itself, just sits there. I've tried clearing the cache, restarting the phone, uninstall and reinstall the app. Nothing.

Anybody else having the same issue and figured out a solution? I run a lot and would love to be able to access all my data, very frustrating! I guess at this point we can just hope that Samsung will push out an update, which will probably take forever since their OS updates are usually 6 months behind an OS release...

Having the same issue, same phone also. S Health won't load, not going to hold my breath for a Samsung update though, lol, I'm too young to die.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue, same phone also. S Health won't load, not going to hold my breath for a Samsung update though, lol, I'm too young to die.

Bummer! It really sucks because the Fit 2 is pretty useless without the app! There isn't any way (that I know of anyway) to get the data off the watch, and watch doesn't give you thorough metrics until you upload the data to S Health! Sucks!

What now? Sell it?

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same problem on my Nexus 5x. I opened a ticket with Samsung - but so far it's just been a big waste of time.

Glad you opened a ticket with Samsung. I was thinking about doing the same thing. I'll be pretty surprised if they have any answers though... But please post if you find out anything! I'm really hoping that the apps will get updated next week after the announcement of the S3...

Wolfie1_0

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I'll just throw my voice in here too. I just updated to nougat and found the same issue... I hope Samsung resolves it soon, although knowing Samsung... Well let's just say I won't be holding my breath

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't think we'll see a fix till Samsung releases their version of Nougat, in other words, we'd better be patient. Hope I'm wrong though.

Tim Filipi

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to the Samsung tech support rep yesterday - as expected - a complete waste of time. After 25 minutes of sporadic on-hold torture while they "checked into it" with their colleagues - the Samsung tech support rep finally returned to the call and suggested I contact Google since it's a Nexus phone! I've decided to set the Fit 2 aside for awhile and go back to my Microsoft Band 2. It's not as aesthetically pleasing as the Fit 2 band - but it works beautifully with Nougat.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Sad thing is that it's likely just a couple small code changes or just a recompile that's needed (just guessing). A couple hours of work and a week of solid testing but we'll have to wait 6 months.

aitax

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
In this cases, calling the hotline is not the best solution. They dont do this kind of things. Best way is to send reports through the app with the log file so they can do a fix.

I am in the same situation. I will wait some time hoping that i won't have to reset the fit 2. At worse I'll downgrade to 6.0.1

Ismokesalots

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site

Ismokesalots

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I refuses to revert back to marshmallow on my Nexus 6p. Pissed me off to find out stealth won't boot at all. After messing around I figured a way in to shealth. Here is my solution.

Add the shealth steps widget. Once done Click it and simply press the back button. You should have shealth working. Should be able to sync your gear fit 2. So the app works but it has issues opening. It's not a bad solution while we wait for the update. Still trying to figure out how to update apps on my gear fit 2. Hope this helps.

lvmymoto

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I refuses to revert back to marshmallow on my Nexus 6p. Pissed me off to find out stealth won't boot at all. After messing around I figured a way in to shealth. Here is my solution.

Add the shealth steps widget. Once done Click it and simply press the back button. You should have shealth working. Should be able to sync your gear fit 2. So the app works but it has issues opening. It's not a bad solution while we wait for the update. Still trying to figure out how to update apps on my gear fit 2. Hope this helps.

Oh nice, I'll give that a try! It's still is really annoying that we have to use a workaround like that, especially for an unknown time...

Amit hu

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Thnnx. But it got 2 big problems:
1. Gear fit 2 not sync at all with s health.
2.you still cant log in in samsung acount it make user profile.

Tim Filipi

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: S Health & Nougat - problem now fixed

Just an update - this problem has been corrected - Samsung updated S Health to ver 5.1.1.0005. S Health and the Gear Fit 2 band is fully functional running on Andriod 7 / Nexus 5x.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692