Navigator Assistance

stereoflab

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Just seen this in the apparently store. Added it to my GF2 and when selected it said to load the app onto my phone. Can't find anything with that name in the Google play store though. Anyone know what to do?

Last edited:

stereoflab

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but not this app. The Fit2 app came via the gear for fit 2 store, so maybe they've released it too soon? It comes from Samsung's Vietnam R&D centre, but they don't have a web presence to investigate.

Last edited:

Utsavv

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Same issue, probably this the difference between apple and samsung. Apple has very high standard for quality and they usually don't release such a half baked app. Maps was an exception though :p

Azadbhartia

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
Enable location on phone then open navigator assistance app on Gear Fit 2 it will show your current location then click bottom portion of Screen it will then prompt you "Press OK and view Search screen on phone." Press OK then look at your phone a App "NavigatorByFeelProvider" will open on your phone enter starting point and destination and click send. Navigation will start on Gear Fit 2

paulwel

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean with "Enable location on phone"? In my Galaxy S6, location is on all the time, the NavigateByFeelProvider is allowed to use location but when I click Navigator Assistance on my gear fit 2, it still asks me to start the Navigator Assistance app on my phone?

paulwel

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
What do you mean with "Enable location on phone"? In my Galaxy S6, location is on all the time, the NavigateByFeelProvider is allowed to use location but when I click Navigator Assistance on my gear fit 2, it still asks me to start the Navigator Assistance app on my phone?

hmm, after a view times trying now it does in fact what you explained. I hope it will do it now consistently so I can evaluate it.

Last edited:

stereoflab

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Still doesn't work for me. Is this because I don't have a Samsung phone? Asking me to install Navigator Assistance app on my phone, but there ain't no such thing!

paulwel

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
hmm, after a view times trying now it does in fact what you explained. I hope it will do it now consistently so I can evaluate it.
Did now a few trials. You can only add destinations by typing in a full address and then it does not find anything. So not very usefull yet: it will need some major update. It would be nice if you can select an address by clicking on the mapScreenshot_2016-09-28-09-25-22.jpg.
Better would be if you can add GPX tracks that you can follow. But I do not know where to address these issues? Does not seem to be a gear thing, but more an Android thing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke