Comprehensive Gear Fit 2 Review (Latest Update)

CTIGUK

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make you aware of a review I put together for the Gear Fit 2 after the latest update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHlj9Nca5I0

Overall I'm a big fan, but it's not without it's quirks and minor flaw. Overall I was hoping for a fitness band/smartwatch that could also replace my Garmin Forerunner, but it did fall short when it came to tracking running data vs the old Forerunner.

Hoping the Gear Fit 3 improves upon what is already a solid base and I can finally get rid of the old Garmin for good!

Hope you all enjoy!

Thanks - Chris

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would bring back the horizontal view.... I really miss it from my gear fit 1...

(I wear mine on the inside of my wrist, so, horizontal works wonderfully in that orientation.

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Chris very very good review, and I must say I agree with the majority of things you've listed here...Although, for me personally, it is 55% smartwatch and 45% fitness tracker, you really hit the bull's eye with the major flaws, and the profile of users it is meant to...
You've just got yourself one more subscriber :)

And, to add, I hope the issues you've listed, at least those related to SW, will be solved with future updates

CTIGUK

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks so much Djurkash - glad you enjoyed it! It's one of those products that is really very strong, as long as you don't have the very highest of expectations for it - or are happy to live with the quirks. A lot if not all of those issues should be solvable by FW.

There were a couple of issues I left out, like my 'floors' reading that was way, way out after only a couple of hours that ended up being fixed by the Nov/Dec firmware update. I figured there was no point bringing up issues that had fixed themselves.

CTIGUK

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks man - unfortunately Google Fit I had to kind of sacrifice which did suck as, clearly, i'm not the biggest fan of S Health...

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Me neither, but for the sake of amoled, additional functionalities, light weight, and everything else that sets GF2 apart from similar offerings, I am willing to close one eye before S health, wrong floor counting and similar stupidities that come with GF2...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish