Gear Fit: Star of the show! I'm so sold on this..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Star of the show! I'm so sold on this..

Great videos

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

it doesn't run on Tizen -- but actually runs a RTOS (Real Time OS)

Some more videos, really like this one.

anon367353

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site

A nice article by Verge. I don't necessarily agree on some of their comments on Gear, but it says a lot when verge praises Samsung. That's probably the last thing I ever expect verge to do.

The Gear Fit is what wearables should look like | The Verge

The truth is that if the Gear Fit is as good over the long run as its first impression suggests, there might never be a need for a Gear 3.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site

Hopefully this will store info and upload to the phone after a day of being apart. I can't take my phone into my workplace but I would still like to monitor my activity and heart rate on a continual daily basis. Which brings to mind the ability to track 2 things at once which would be a nice feature.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I planned on buying this day one but with the Google Now watches coming I'm a little more hesitant, especially with Samsung working on one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I really wish this device had GPS. It would be the PERFECT companion for running. Sure the heart rate monitor and pedometer are great, but I love using the map my running app when I run, but the Note 3 isn't the most compact device to carry with me on my runs. For some reason I was under the impression that this had one. Hrmm, now I am having second thoughts about this device.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Hopefully this will store info and upload to the phone after a day of being apart. I can't take my phone into my workplace but I would still like to monitor my activity and heart rate on a continual daily basis. Which brings to mind the ability to track 2 things at once which would be a nice feature.

I'm hoping the same thing. I'm hoping it will keep track of my steps while my phone is in my locker at work and then after work when the devices are paired up again it will just dump the info into the S Health app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

I just got back from Best Buy and I'm wearing mine G-Fit now. I have the original Gear, which allows me make and receive phone calls as well, but I really like the look of this new device. At $200 I find the price is very reasonable for what it does.

pkguy323

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site

Hey DAS, it's Glenn. I just picked up my Gear 2 Neo yesterday from ATT. Ditched my Fitbit as I lost one while riding the Burgman and the second one was recalled. :/ Didn't want a first generation smart watch, so I'm really digging into the Neo. Good to see ya here!

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

The only downfall of the reviews so far is that no one seems to review the heart monitoring, or the pedometer features of the Gear Fit. I've heard conflicting reports of inaccurate readings, and don't want to spend $200 if that's the case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2