Gear Fit Known Issues

kidwelby

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Point 2. I was using the cycle function with great success for several months but then it began to stop recording after about 7 minutes. Might have been due to a software update.

Posted via Android Central App

Ken Blahetka

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or is the stopwatch not accurate? I noticed some variances when running (I suck with great consistency) and did a side by side comparison with a timex ironman and the longer you let the stop watch go the more off it gets, same comparison to an online s top watch with same results.

pilotnh

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or is the stopwatch not accurate? I noticed some variances when running (I suck with great consistency) and did a side by side comparison with a timex ironman and the longer you let the stop watch go the more off it gets, same comparison to an online s top watch with same results.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit although I haven't tested it yet. I'm having a new problem with the snooze function on my morning alarm since the last update. It turns off the alarm completely even though the display and phone says it just snoozed it. Can't wait for something better than this disappointing Fit. With the right software it could have been SO much better.

Ken Blahetka

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Wouldn't surprise me one bit although I haven't tested it yet. I'm having a new problem with the snooze function on my morning alarm since the last update. It turns off the alarm completely even though the display and phone says it just snoozed it. Can't wait for something better than this disappointing Fit. With the right software it could have been SO much better.

how does a watch mess up being a watch? Like it should be a base function

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've had my Fit for about 3 weeks now… love having a watch again! Really like getting notifications too, phone stays put far more now. ;-). The timer and stopwatch have been accurate for me compared to a stand-alone timer/stopwatch anyway.

I've used the hiking feature and it seemed to track reasonably well… samsung needs to get the software up to speed… too limited in feature set, and clunky to use. thats the weak link. AFAIC ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

pinkpoppy

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
hey guys,

I just been given a Gear Fit, really enjoying it so far.
Theres a bunch of cool apps on the Play store that make it do so much more!

I seem to have an issue with the 'Settings' menu, the gear icon on the Gear Fit - its just, gone!
and for some reason I have 2 Icons for 'exercise' - WEIRD!

has anyone had this issue before??

I thought maybe it was caused by an app i installed & used on my phone/Gear Fit, so uninstalled them all & restarted the Gear - no joy.
And obviously I cant 'reset' it due to the settings icon being gone! doh!

Oh, Ive got Gear Fit Manager on a Note 2.

Was also wondering about the silent alarm on the Gear Fit that some have mentioned here - is that just off the phones factory alarm?
Or is there a setting in the Gear for it somewhere? Ive not found anything yet, but I'd like to have alarm features.

But then again, I dont have a Settings icon to check anything anymore.
The settings icon is gone when using Gear Fit Manager also...

2014-09-16 11.50.37.png

jian9007

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
You can reset the Fit by holding the power button down for about 7-10 seconds. I've had to do it a few times when mine was unresponsive. EDIT: Even without the settings menu you should be able to bring it up. Go into the Gear Fit Manager app, select settings, then click Double pressing power key, scroll down and select settings, then double click the Fit power key and you should be into the settings menu where you can fully reset the Fit.

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I have been researching smart watches for months now and I was almost sold on a Samsung Gear Live, but the battery life and the fact that most of the apps I wouldn't use didn't help. I just wanted fitness integration into S-Health on my Galaxy S5 and notifications. I ended up going with the Gear Fit since it was cheaper and does everything I want it to do while maintaining a good battery life.

Bad choice. I returned it the next day. The accelerometer was absolutely useless and would only kick on when my arm was down and not looking at it. The pedometer was horribly inaccurate and would take forever to update to its current count. The screen looked awful in the vertical orientation and it was hard to read in the horizontal position. The only thing it did right was notifications and S-Health app syncing.

Last edited:

suzannemacleod

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I have an S4 and have had exactly the same experiences. My Gear Fit doesn't interface in any meaningful way to S Health and has now completely stopped syncing data to my Samsung Account.

I've had two calls with Samsung Remote Management about the problems and the last one ended with them saying that they were aware of "issues" with the Fit and that there was nothing they could do. This was not the kind of response I expected. I asked how I could escalate the problem and was advised to write a letter to Samsung UK Head Office which I have now done. In it I pointed out that I didn't pay all this money for a device which turned out to be a standalone pedometer.

If you're reading this and haven't bought one yet, my advice would be don't!

neosynthesis

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for this. I was looking exactly for how this can be done. Am I right in assuming that even after the setup is done, the gear fit has to be connected to the phone to trigger the alarm? what i was really hoping for was for an independent alarm like fitbit. thanks again!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for this. I was looking exactly for how this can be done. Am I right in assuming that even after the setup is done, the gear fit has to be connected to the phone to trigger the alarm? what i was really hoping for was for an independent alarm like fitbit. thanks again!

It has to be connected to the phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

BenHaz

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm also seeing as of software update today that the time shown on gear fit is 30th faster than on my phone. What givessels with that. How hard is it to get this stuff right.

phissith

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
After the read looks like Samsung release their stuff to early with out QC. If the band fit is for tracking fitness but it look like it failed at that!

Jacki Hill

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
wondering if anyone has has issues with the clock being 30 mins fast. Where did people get their gear fit app from. I got mine from the samsung apps and this is the only issue so far. The clock was fine but after about 4 hours I checked and it was wrong. I am using a galaxy note 4 and the clock on that is correct but not on the gear fit device...????? My alarm even went off on the device at the set time even though the gear fit read 30 mins later. (Alarm set at 8:10, went off at that time even though gear fit said 8:40)

Shmee2

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Time on the Gear Fit is exactly 30 minutes out. I got an email back from Samsung Support telling me to fix it in Settings -> Date and Time BUT there is no Date and Time option in settings.. From what I have found online, this has been an issue with this device for Months now, and nothing has been done to correct it. I wish I knew about this issue 24 hours ago, I would NOT have bought a Gear Fit.

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd probably say get something else more akin to a smart watch. Not much point in getting a fitness tracker just for the notifications, unless you really like the form factor.

If you don't need the full color interactive capabilities of an Android Wear smart watch you could either get a Martian smartwatch or a Pebble. Either would be more focused on alerts than on fitness tracking.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech