Gear Fit Known Issues

pughmat

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else lose the low battery warning? It used to remind me when the battery was at 20% and it has stopped doing that at some point. I wasn't sure if that was an option that could be enabled or disabled. I'd look now to see, but my battery died which reminded me to post this question.

Thanks.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Low battery warning ⚠ dissappeared here too.

And- yesterday, the sleep 💤 icon and feature dissappeared too! No way to restore it.

I may well be done with Samsung products.... Zero support, lousy and infrequent updates... Add up to another lost customer. ;-(

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

WigglePig

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, my new S5 just won't talk to my new Gear Fit. I have tried everything I can think of except updating the firmware on the Fit itself. I shall be doing that this evening when I get in from work.

Has anyone else had this sort of issue with the Gear Fit? It connects to bluetooth but the Gear Fit Manager just won't talk to the Fit at all.

Grr.

Posted via the Android Central App

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Sadly Samsung does not give ****...

Samsung's clearly isn't going to fix the Fit... It was an experiment for them, we were the hapless beta testers for this failed and abandond product.

Mine now disconnects / reconnects from the phone 📱 (galaxy S4), randomly throughout the day. - about 5 to 6 times a day. Notifications.sometime take 3-4 mins. to be displayed on the phone 📱. ...and the auto on display comes on CONSTANTLY! whenever I move my arm. Consequently, battery life is horrible, have to charge it every afternoon for a couple of hours. Its going in the junk drawer of abandoned electronics very very soon. Bought it in August. ;-(

Love ❤ the form factor, though, I wear it on the inside of my wrist, and reading notification is very comfortable for me... I also really like the size, and screen.
But, if it doesn't function it becomes worthless... Combine that with a total disregard and lack of ANY action by Samsung to fix these issues or improve the product, are pushing me out of the Samsung family.

The sleep 💤 tracking/monitoring function lterally dissappeared! Last week! The app/icon just dissappeared from the phone...

Tried Rebooting/resetting the Fit, and the phone 📱, deleting and reinstalling, Gear Fit Manager app didn't help either.

I'm almost ready for a phone 📱 upgrade... and for the 1st time in years, I'm looking elsewhere.
Moto, may get my business this time around.

A swappable battery and a microSD, are the only 2 features that are critial to me.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

WigglePig

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, after using Kies to update the firmware on my Gear Fit and using the Lollipop patched version of the Manager, everything seems to be working quite well.

I have to say that Samsung made positive noises but didn't help much. In fact the support website mentioned nothing about trying an update.

Ho hum.

Posted via the Android Central App

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have GPS off on my Note 4 and the weather updates on my Fit fine... Well, at least it used to. Until this morning....

today I woke up and this happened....

53691ad202aad579f7b484345751b6cb.jpg

Been like this for over an hour...

Might be the end for the little POS.

I wondered if it would last a year.... Not even close... A year would be up in August. :)

...sent from the phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Was working and fully charged when I went to bed....

Time to research a replacement, but most smart watches are way too big...
I really like this form factor... Sadly this abandoned piece of garbage is the only one of this size and shape...
Everything else is big, round or square, but still big.

Maybe I'll just get an old school Timex and be done with it. ;-)

...sent from the phabulous HAL 9002, a Sprint Galaxy Note 4.... ;-)

napman9999

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
on your Cell host, try to turn on Location/GPS, BT, and Wifi. Mine finally kicked in, but ideally it would stick to my home city by default.

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My Gear Fit went into a constant reboot cycle this weekend. It kept turning off and rebooting. Apparently, that's a common problem for Fit owners.

Finally, I got it to stop rebooting and I ended up with that endless "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" message. I had two online chats with Samsung and finally called them. Since I purchased my watch from Amazon, Samsung informed me that I had to send my watch to Vietnam to have it repaired. The American teams are unable to repair the watches that were manufactured in Vietnam. That's super practical since I live in the United States. I suppose my warranty would be up by the time I got it back.

We convinced Amazon to give us our money back. Since it's on sale, I'm going to give the Gear 2 Neo a try, but I'm not buying it from Amazon. I won't be buying any more tech from Amazon.

StarringLatrice

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know what to do when the gear fit stops recording your steps? I've restarted/rebooted it several times and nothing is working. This has never happened before and the pedometer is not paused.

wdgeek

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Gear Fit 2, small bug for the ambient (always on clock).
When the time is 12:01 am
The display shows the time as:
am
It should show it as:
am
When the time goes to 1:00 am it does display correctly as:
am
Very minor but confusing when you are expecting 12 hours format and get 24 hour format only for 12 am.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm