Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation Emergency number setting

I saw in the manual that the gear fit allows you to setup up a couple of emergency number for some reason there's no option on my gear fit anyone else having the same issue?

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Emergency number setting

I believe you configure this within the Gear Fit Manager App. Manage Primary Contacts. Once those are set up, you are then able to press the power button three times in a row to send a help request. If you are not using a Galaxy S5 though with S Health 3.1, this option may not be available.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

So if you own an S4 you can't get the latest version of S Health. WHY?

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Ya i'm beginning to to think this might have to do with me not having an s5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by pughmat View Post
    I believe you configure this within the Gear Fit Manager App. Manage Primary Contacts. Once those are set up, you are then able to press the power button three times in a row to send a help request. If you are not using a Galaxy S5 though with S Health 3.1, this option may not be available.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Yes. S Health 3.1 is currently available for the S5 only as far as I know. My wife also has a Gear Fit with an S4 and we have different versions of S Health. In fact, she must use an App called Fitness with Gear, which I don't need on my S5. At the bottom of a Samsung support website, it mentions that it some features are only available for the S5 with an update to other devices "coming soon" which we all know could be within a week or a year.

Quote Originally Posted by troytrojan84 View Post
    So if you own an S4 you can't get the latest version of S Health. WHY?

Posted via Android Central App