Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default S Health Update for S4

I bought the gear fit 2 weeks ago. S Health is supposed to interact with the fitness band but I have version 2.5.4.066 on my s4. Checking for updates through the app states it is the latest version. I know it isn't because it will only look for the original gear watch not the gear FIT.I called Samsung 3 times and got absolutely nothing from them. I looked online and found 7 new updates on Aptoid with the latest version being 3.1.0.0020. This version is not available through samsung apps or Google play store. I tried downloading it but it states I need to update health services on my phone. I can't find that anywhere and feel like I've looked everywhere possible so I have to revert back to the original version. My phone is an ATT S4 running 4.4.2 Kit Kat which I updated the day I bought the Gear Fit.

Any advice would be better than what I've heard from Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: S Health Update for S4

The S Health services are available on Aptoid, and the latest version of S Health was the last time I downloaded it 3.1.0.0039.
    Bear in mind if you want to use scales to check the weight, the new S Health only has now one Scale in the Compatible list of scales, all the Tanita scales are gone, further the Blood pressure and Blood glucose entries are gone also. Had to revert back to the old S Health 2.5.5 again.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Already tried this route but that version is not stable on the S4 and crashes every couple of hours rebooting all data to zeros.

I had to downgrade S Health to the S4 Version again, my version is 2.5.5.051. Version 3.1 for the S5 has it's moods, and on top of it a lot of features found on the S4 version are non existing. e.g.Comfort level, Blood pressure and of course many of compatible accessories are missing. The reason I upgraded originally was to use the Gear Fit with S Health. Even that did'n work decently. So I am back to Version 2.5.5, and having spend lots of money on a Gear Fit, which which is less than useful. I learned the expensive lesson, "Don't trust Samsung".
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

I fixed my S4. I bought the S5. Corporate wins again.