Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Longer battery life?

Although it's neat that you can change wallpaper and different color i find the battery sucks on the device. Best to choose a solid black since then I've had my fit without charging for 3 days solid even my notification is one. Also at night time turn off the blue tooth on the gear fit obviously you won't need while you're sleeping.
    Last edited by Golfdriver97; 09-24-2014 at 11:43 PM.
  2. Best Answer
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I can get 4 - 5 days with a color background. I used to get 2 days until I turned off the feature that wakes my fit every time I move my wrist.

ROM
    AOKP B4 JB/Franco M5

Default Re: want longer battery life

How long do you last with a colorful background?

Sent from my Death Note
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

lol one day that's about it. It sucks

I barely get 2 with a black background ... I do however get a million notifications ...
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

i'm on day 4 with one charge having my black background

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I can get 4 - 5 days with a color background. I used to get 2 days until I turned off the feature that wakes my fit every time I move my wrist.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by pinkivy98 View Post
    yeah sometimes it doesn't even work when I do move my wrist. I hate having to hit a button though to power this thing on. Why not have a double tap on the screen to wake?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shn'g View Post
    yeah sometimes it doesn't even work when I do move my wrist. I hate having to hit a button though to power this thing on. Why not have a double tap on the screen to wake?
    Yes this would be a nice feature.

Wink Re: want longer battery life

id imagine there will be a gear fit 2 at some point.
    maybe more compatible with non Samsung devices would be a start.

I'm not getting good battery life at all. I changed my background from a colorful one a couple of days ago and now have a black background with a couple of pink hearts which I don't think should make a big difference. I just reduced screen on from 30 secs to 15. Dropped Twitter notifications and a couple of other apps I don't really use from my notifications. I may take off the hand gestures, but that's one of the nice functions and really cool features.

I charged it up over night to 100%, this morning I took it off the cradle at 8:00 a.m. and now at 2:30 p.m. its at 41% in one day. This is my only area of dissatisfaction with the watch, mind you I brought it for the notifications and alerts so I have only used the heart monitor which seems to work fine.

When I called Samsung today about it they told me to take it into BestBuy for a reset or return it to them for evaluation. I really don't want to do either, I was hoping for a quick fix with a tweak here or there.

Btw: Since I was told that Bluetooth is a drain I downloaded "AutoBluetooth" app from the Play store. I set Bluetooth to turn off at 11:00 pm and back on at 6:00 a.m. on the cell phone app to save battery life overnight when I'm not using it.

UPDATE:
    Changed the setting from 30 seconds screen out to 10 seconds and that solved the problem. Now I'm two days on battery, think I till turn off the gesture to see if I can stretch it to 4 days. I agree it would be better to have a tap on screen.
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 09-21-2014 at 08:12 AM.