Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Default I really want to love it...

I originally bought a Gear 2 Neo and after a day I knew it wasn't for me. I've been a FitBit user for about a year now and really liked the functionality and thought the Gear line would be ideal.. The Neo was too much smart watch for me... So I got the Fit and I loved it. seemed like everything I wanted. I've been using it for the last week and a half and was getting used to its quirks. Today though I realized it wasn't going to really do as I had hoped. I got on my bike for a 40 mile ride, I set the thing up to track everything and an hour and 20 minutes later, the session just ended. No big deal, I started it up again, 45 minutes later.. done.. This time I didn't notice so instead of tracking me for 40 miles it tracked me for 18 and 7. Luckily I had my Garmin on my bike which gave me real stats. Whats worse is that the average MPH was 10 and 8 for each session.. (I wasn't really that slow, I swear!)

I think the Fit has potential.. I read so many reviews from blogs and websites bashing the Fit and still thought mine was perfect. Yes, it counted extra steps but I was OK with that.. if I did 10,000 with my Fitbit on a given day I knew to adjust the Fit and make 14,000 my new base - it was all relative. the notifications did exactly what I wanted them to. Yes, I would have liked the ability to delete them on the phone from my wrist so I didn't have to do it twice, but it worked fine the way it was. I could deal with 2-3 day battery life vs 7-8 on my Fitbit, the Fit did so much more it was worth it... But the inaccuracy just kills it for me. If I can't use it reliably for biking then I might as well go back to my Fitbit and hope Samsung comes out with something else (firmware or new product) that just seems to work a little better.
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: I really want to love it...

Quote Originally Posted by hls811 View Post
    I originally bought a Gear 2 Neo and after a day I knew it wasn't for me. I've been a FitBit user for about a year now and really liked the functionality and thought the Gear line would be ideal.. The Neo was too much smart watch for me... So I got the Fit and I loved it. seemed like everything I wanted. I've been using it for the last week and a half and was getting used to its quirks. Today though I realized it wasn't going to really do as I had hoped. I got on my bike for a 40 mile ride, I set the thing up to track everything and an hour and 20 minutes later, the session just ended. No big deal, I started it up again, 45 minutes later.. done.. This time I didn't notice so instead of tracking me for 40 miles it tracked me for 18 and 7. Luckily I had my Garmin on my bike which gave me real stats. Whats worse is that the average MPH was 10 and 8 for each session.. (I wasn't really that slow, I swear!)

I think the Fit has potential.. I read so many reviews from blogs and websites bashing the Fit and still thought mine was perfect. Yes, it counted extra steps but I was OK with that.. if I did 10,000 with my Fitbit on a given day I knew to adjust the Fit and make 14,000 my new base - it was all relative. the notifications did exactly what I wanted them to. Yes, I would have liked the ability to delete them on the phone from my wrist so I didn't have to do it twice, but it worked fine the way it was. I could deal with 2-3 day battery life vs 7-8 on my Fitbit, the Fit did so much more it was worth it... But the inaccuracy just kills it for me. If I can't use it reliably for biking then I might as well go back to my Fitbit and hope Samsung comes out with something else (firmware or new product) that just seems to work a little better.
    well, I would say why don't you try reporting this to the Samsung, they have their forums where you can discuss about such issues and yes you can also ask for up-gradation there, and I think you can get the appropriate answer there rather than here !!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Valid point, and I think I definitely will. My only thought on that is just because I ask/comment doesn't mean they'll change anything. $200is alot of money for me to put into this thing and not know if they'll ever make it better.

I hate to return this (or anything), I'm not one of those people who would typically buy something and use a return policy as a trial period in this case it just doesn't work as expected. I'd gladly buy one again if they do make some accuracy updates.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I'm also a biker and I did notice that the native biking app closes intermittently. I tend to use Strava App Connect on fit and haven't had any issues with it closing but I do like the speed and heart rate display on the native app.