Galaxy Gear Fit reboot loop

WAJKazoo

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that there was one thread on this topic but absolutely no replies on others with this same issue.
My Gear Fit is giving me Fits, all of a sudden it started rebooting over and over on a continuous loop. The only time it stops is when the battery goes dead. Plugging it into the charger only starts the constant rebooting again. Until this I have had no problems what so ever with my Fit. I looked on the device for some type of reset but I don't see one. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? Please help! I miss my Fit!
Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that there was one thread on this topic but absolutely no replies on others with this same issue.
My Gear Fit is giving me Fits, all of a sudden it started rebooting over and over on a continuous loop. The only time it stops is when the battery goes dead. Plugging it into the charger only starts the constant rebooting again. Until this I have had no problems what so ever with my Fit. I looked on the device for some type of reset but I don't see one. Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know of a fix? Please help! I miss my Fit!
Thank you!

I have not had nor have I heard of this sort of problem with the Fit. , I got want to send it back to Samsung

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Thank you!

Yes, mine just started doing that. I cant turn it off either. Its never done this ( to my knowledge), I thought there was a reset button right above the heart rate sensor but its not. If you figure anything out, please share!

Last edited:

Rattso2005

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes, mine just started doing that. I cant turn it off either. Its never done this ( to my knowledge), I thought there was a reset button right above the heart rate sensor but its not. If you figure anything out, please share!
UPDATE: I finally called Samsung and they issued an RMA, I sent it back and they replaced it under warranty. All is well now!

BugoyBugoy

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Im the newest victim of the reboot loop. I already have an RMA but cant find time to send it back. Until then, please share if any of you good guys stumble across a solution.

gear_fits

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Now I am the latest with the reboot loop. Is this being caused by an update? Can anything be done to fix this short of sending it back for a replacement?

:'(

butterflytires

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yikes! Mine did that - and I think it makes sense to say this is because of an Update that I was forced to do on my phone last night - for Voicemail.
I really don't want to have to get a new one - just got this 2 weeks ago. What is the fix?

caley1207

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't send it back, just unlink your fit from your phone, so open the app and say forget device, turn your phone on airplane mode and turn off Bluetooth and wifi for a minute, the basically just hold down your home key for a few seconds until your running apps page pops up, select end all or what ever it is in the bottom right hand corner. Then re open the app and look for the device, it will pop up and a code will show up, click yes on your phone and the green check button on left on your fit, then your fit will walk you through the rest, just like the first time you got it!! It just gets over loaded with too many apps running on your phone...

caley1207

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you turn your wifi and Bluetooth back on when you take your phone back off airplane mode after a minute, before reconnecting, other wise you will have no luck again since you have no connections...

boa721

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
my fit is only 3 weeks old, went into the rebooting stage, over and over, absolutely will not stop. been going on for 5 days now. let it die and it starts back up when charged. day for I got zero response out of it, tried charging and screen stayed blank. today its back to "rebooting"
NOW WHAT??

Mike Whitworth

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I got new gear fit as a gift. It was fun for about week and then the reboot loop started. I did not try the tricks on this blog as I did no have time to get to the research. I let the gear fit sit for couple days. When I got time to try to work on this, I turned on the fit and the battery was dead. I had turned off Bluetooth previously. The fit had message to reconnect and recharge. It appears the reboot loop is gone and the fit operational. Hope this helps as a fix process.

miliu99

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I just got this issue, and that's why I found this forum. In my case, it happened when I try to backup my data to Samsung cloud in S Health. Keep holding down the power button of the Gear Fit didn't seem help. In the end, on phone, in Gear Fit Manager, I tried to connect to Gear Fit, it eventually stops rebooting, and everything returns to normal.

Kaibutsu

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Looking at everyone else's post, I wonder if it is a moisture issue. I know I have been washing my hands excessively today when this started to happen to me. I had a similar issue with my iPhone from listening to music on it in the shower. The moisture creates a connection so it seems like you are pushing the power button even though you aren't.

bpacol

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you!

Press the power bottom 5 times until it shows two words.

Continue
Download

Then highlight download and press 3 times and hold power bottom and it will start to download. This may take a while but it will get your fit back to normal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36