Galaxy Gear Fit reboot loop

xenola

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone. My Fit was stuck in the Loop of Doom for the last few weeks, and this process worked for me.

Sorry for the janky links -- I joined just to share this solution and I am not allowed to post links until I have 10 posts, apparently...!

addictootech. com/manually-upgrade-samsung-gear-fit-via-pc-odin/

Quick Summary, all from that post/tutorial:
  • The 5x button tap and 3 second hold into Download mode
  • Using Odin v3.09 (3.10 did not work -- had to be 3.09. Fickle fickle.)
  • Using the firmware files linked here (even though they are old):
    dropbox. com/s/h03xk0hppxvwsb4/r350xxu0bnd8.rar
  • Loading up the BL/AP/CSC files, respectively, and changing none of the settings
  • Plugging the Fit into the PC, including trying a variety of cable, port, and timing combinations (Again, so fickle. Just keep messing with it until Odin recognizes the COM port.)
  • Starting, waiting, restarting Odin when it got stuck, restarting the Fit when it got stuck again, generally just trying the same instructions multiple times until everything cooperated.
  • Eventually, it downloaded and the Fit restart to factory new. Now time to update the firmware the normal way, through Gear Fit Manager.

So, that's what worked for me. Good luck to everyone else!

OH! Also -- I think my Loop of Doom started when I left my phone at my desk and wore my Fit to a meeting, breaking the Bluetooth connection. I'm curious if there was some kind of update trying to happen, and it just got "lost" since it was disconnected... but I have no idea. Anyone else have their loop start while disconnected from their phone?

Kris Burks

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a ton for these links and the walk through! Took me a bit of time but it worked. I love the products, but Samsung wasn't any help, they are still denying it is a 'common' problem, though when I searched for answers I got a lot of hits! :D

enchantedwonder

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much!!!!! You saved me a lot of time and hassle. I turned off my phone, and did what you said and it worked!!!!! I feel bad for all the people that had to return their watches. This fix works. Take care.

Prmami9117

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
if this works i will hunt you down and hug you. no help anywhere else on the internet from what i've found

I had the same problem today. It took me 6 hours but I finally fixed mine. All I did was hold down the power button till the gear fit logo came on then I pressed and help the power button as soon as the Samsung logo and it factory reset. Was super excited to see it work after reading everyones msg's. Thought it nothing would work! You definitely have to have a lot of patience.

Vitas Fan

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything here and calling tech support....they also told me to reset it, but it would not go to that menu. Mine is working again, but not sure why. The last time that I tried holding down the start button and letting go after two buzzes, it just worked. I had done the airplane mode thing before that...did not seem to work, but maybe it was part of the chain of events that finally let it reset. I wish I could be more specific....but I am really not sure what did the trick finally. The last thing I did was hold down and let go after two buzzes....like 3 or 4 rounds of that.

weavenok

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
My gear fit watch continues to reboot. Call earlier today and it stopped. Later this afternoon it started again. What seems to be the problem.

noonyf

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I finally got mine to work. i was trying the download thing and couldnt get it to work so i unplugged it from my computer. a message came up saying my battery was low. i clicked ok and it reset

Ty Christensen

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Tried this several times added BL, AP and CSC and it hangs forever on NAND Write Start!! and just stays on "downloading...Do not turn off target" on the fit and the progress bar doesn't move.

idabeen

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I tried that and it stated in the "Download" until I finally turned it off after 3 days. Any other suggestions. My Gear fit is no longer under warranty.

LindaRAmar

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Yours is the solution that worked for me. The key was to disconnect it from the phone, and, ahem, reboot, reconnect, and voila! It works again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36