Will gear fit track your exercise without phone?

Amir Hosseini1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Will Samsung gear fit works when the phone is off or not in range.
I mean can only wear gear fit for running without having phone with me? Will it track the path I ran and sync it when gear fit is in phone range?!

Thank you

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I bought one for my wife and she didn't even have a Samsung phone. It works perfectly fine without tethering to a phone. I turn the battery off and it lasts a whole week. The fit keeps fitness history on itself. You only need to sync to phone when you need view on the phone. Otherwise, no phones needed.

In fact, the health app on my GS3 is so pitful, half of the functions don't even work. It is beyond useless.

rasmith1959

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just to add some additional info here, I just did a factory reset on my watch just because I wanted to be sure of a few things. First off when you buy a smart watch the first thing that happens after powering it on and it's finished booting is that it tells you to download the Android Wear app on your phone and then it proceeds to pair it. So any Android Wear device has to be paired with an Android device running the Android Wear app. Now the devices don't have to be from the same manufacturer, I have a Nexus 6 from Motorola, and a Samsung Gear Live Smart Watch.

Once paired to a Android device it then proceeds to sync all wear enabled apps from your Android device to your watch. So I'm don't think that the watch even comes with any apps preinstalled and it only runs whatever is available from the device it's paired with.

b0b77

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Does it work with a lg g3. or can i connect to my brothers m8 and disable whatever uses the phone

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21