Can I get some help connecting my Gear Fit to my S4?

cassiejulich

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Cannot connect Gear Fit to S4

I cannot connect my new Gear Fit to my S4 phone (4.4.2). I've looked for upgrades and I've restarted my phone.

I downloaded Gear Fit Mgr and it shows that my Gear Fit is available. When I select the devise I get the Bluetooth pairing request to confirm the passkey. Then I get an message on my Gear Fit that says "Failed to connect to your Gear Fit. Try to connect via Gear Fit Mgr. Refer to the manual for more information."

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

sjth2

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Cannot connect Gear Fit to S4

I have the same issue in December. Very frustrated with this otherwise great concept.

morrist6806

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I have the same problem with my S5. I returned the Fit Gear and exchanged it with no change. I've also downloaded and installed prior versions of the Gear Fit Manager app but same problem exists. Expect its related to an Android system (4.4.4) update or Verizon phone update (SM-G900V_NE9_to_NI2).

war123

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

I was having the same problem. Spent hours trying to connect the two. The gear fit manager needed to be updated. For some reason my phone S4 asked me to update and I said yes. This updated both the phone and gear fit and they started talking.

Good luck.

Boodweiser

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site

Hi there :)

Has there been a definitive asnwer to this yet? I have an S5 and am on 4.4.2, says gear fit manager is up to date, yet I am getting this issue :( really wanna use my watch!

VAR1ABLE

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site

I just bought this for my wife for an early Valentine's present.. what a disaster. I have the same issue not being able to connect to her S4, and there isn't an option to use it without pairing. Not only am I furious with the gear fit, I'm still not impressed with the mess that is the Android OS. WP ftw.
I'm returning this pos tomorrow. /rant off

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Had this problem when I got my second gear fit after giving my first one to my wife. Even though the app indicated it was up to date, there was another version at XDA developers site. I installed the latest firmware from that site, which was different from the "current" galaxy apps site. Very strange. After installing the latest app version from XDA developers site, the problem was resolved. The gear fit connected successfully. Hope this helps.

ruko10

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

I had the same problem. I tried with different versions and the v.1.70.0617 worked for me. I think it has to do with the version of firmware of the gear fit.

kat parker

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site

I cannot connect my new Gear Fit to my S4 phone (4.4.2). I've looked for upgrades and I've restarted my phone.

I downloaded Gear Fit Mgr and it shows that my Gear Fit is available. When I select the devise I get the Bluetooth pairing request to confirm the passkey. Then I get an message on my Gear Fit that says "Failed to connect to your Gear Fit. Try to connect via Gear Fit Mgr. Refer to the manual for more information."

Does anyone have any suggestions please?

For anyone having problems with the gear fit I have managed to get mine connected to my note 3 and my husbands s5 here is what we did.

Follow the instructions and if the app says to update and delete information click OK ad leave it for a minute. When the app says to reinstall click cancel and it should then connect it to the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol