Gear Live, live and in person.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Just went to pick mine up (and the LG... don't judge) at UPS. As expected its very Gear-like, although Samsung owners may feel its a sideways move at least for now. Something I did not expect was the latch being different than on the Gear 2 and this isn't a good change to me. Instead of having a hinged piece connecting both ends of the band that gets covered when closed, this watch has just two short prongs that fit into holes on the other side. Looks similar closed but is a little less secure and the overlapping end that tucks under can be slightly visible. Changing the band to a Gear 2 one will technically work but its not as wide at the attachment point so the look isn't as clean.The smooth matte finish is nice though.

I'll report back any other notable things I find and will of course answer any questions I can.

Last edited:

imarek3

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The strap on the Gear Live looks to fasten exactly like the Fitbit Force. While I had no problems attaching the Fitbit to Mt wrist, I saw many complaints about it being hard to secure to the wrist. I would prefer a regular watch strapped one like on the Gear 2 Neo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I might be in the minority, but I really like the strap on the Gear Live. To me it's easier to get on and off. I did however swap the straps around, as this way its easier for me to put on.

Posted with my badass Galaxy S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy