Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Default Gear Live Exchange Email Help

I just received my Gear Live this morning. I'm trying to figure out how to be productive using the email app for my exchange account. I notice if I have only 1 email in the notification I can read it and have options to reply and reply all which is great. However if I have more than 1 email notification, it lumps them into a single notification showing all of the email senders and subjects, but I cannot expand it or review the emails one-by-one. Perhaps I'm missing something, so any information would be helpful. I also noticed that expanding the email to read it still cuts off the email after a certain number of characters.

Default Re: Gear Live Exchange Email Help

Quote Originally Posted by mrmnlando View Post
    I just received my Gear Live this morning. I'm trying to figure out how to be productive using the email app for my exchange account. I notice if I have only 1 email in the notification I can read it and have options to reply and reply all which is great. However if I have more than 1 email notification, it lumps them into a single notification showing all of the email senders and subjects, but I cannot expand it or review the emails one-by-one. Perhaps I'm missing something, so any information would be helpful. I also noticed that expanding the email to read it still cuts off the email after a certain number of characters.
    A fix for this would require a change by the app developer to split the notifications into separate ones. This really isn't something that can be fixed on the Android Wear side, so you should probably contact your email app developer and request an enhancement.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jasonaward View Post
    A fix for this would require a change by the app developer to split the notifications into separate ones. This really isn't something that can be fixed on the Android Wear side, so you should probably contact your email app developer and request an enhancement.
    I'm talking about the native application for email which I've set up on my phone to sync with MS Exchange for work email. I'm pretty sure this has to do with how Wear handles the notifications from the native app.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmnlando View Post
    I'm talking about the native application for email which I've set up on my phone to sync with MS Exchange for work email. I'm pretty sure this has to do with how Wear handles the notifications from the native app.
    It would still require a change to the application. Wear is just an extension of the notification system of Android. If the application combines notifications, then the app would have to split them into multiple notifications for you to be able to interact with them individually.