Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By indianajonze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Messaging

Do I have some setting wrong or something? Whenever I get a text, I swipe and only get the option to send it to the phone, I get no option to reply. Is that normal? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Text Messaging

I see that it looks like you are using HTC one m8. If using device other than Samsung supported devices functionality is limited. I think there are ways around it with rooting but not sure since I have S4 and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by chadwick108 View Post
    I see that it looks like you are using HTC one m8. If using device other than Samsung supported devices functionality is limited. I think there are ways around it with rooting but not sure since I have S4 and Gear
    this is not accurate at all. it has nothing to do with the brand of the phone, it is related to the messaging app you're using. hangouts works fully, and unfortunately its the only sms app i use.
    Nexus 5!
    The path to enlightenment begins with an unlocked bootloader...

twitter.com/indianajonze
    Thanked by:
    Evilnut and trandz like this.

Standard (stock) SMS cannot be responded to on watch. I found this out a few days ago. I switched to Hangouts SMS (I didn't want to) and all seems just fine actually. All works very well.
    Thanked by:
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,747 Global Posts

Yup gotta use google hangouts.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts

Makes sense since Google isn't really updating the stock app anymore (since they want people to switch to Hangouts). I'm sure 3rd party SMS apps will add Android Wear functionality down the road.

EvolveSMS has limited support for text messaging, including replying, however, it's definitely beta form and needs more work.

I have not tried my gear with hangouts. I will have to give it a run over the weekend!

The standard messaging app on my Galaxy S4 wasn't working either on my Gear Live. It would notify me that a text was available and to go to the phone to read and respond to it. I switched yesterday to the EvolveSMS app and it works fine for me. I'm now able to read and respond to texts from the Gear Live.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thanks all. Changed default sms on phone to Hangouts and it works just fine now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Having some issues with my Gear Live when I try to text. Certain people I can text just fine from my watch, but others, I get a message "Sorry, that didn't work. Try again". I can't for the life of me figure out why only why I can text some of my contacts. Anybody having similar issues? Any solutions?

Where is google voice support? I don't have a carrier texting plan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk