Notification Issues

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Am running an LG G2 with 4.4.2 and am having issues receiving email notifications with both my MSN (Hotmail) account and Exchange work account. My understanding is that Android Wear should pick up all notifications regardless and push them to the watch. When I set up the Android Wear app I did check Android Wear in the Notifications area and also have notifications checked in both the MSN and Exchange account details. Any idea why I would not be getting email notifications.

Oh... I am aware that their are some out there that have been saying that the Gear Live will only work with Samsung phones... but that is a myth and notifications should work on any Android phone running 4.3 or higher. Thanks in advance for any ideas or help you can give....

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Are you getting any notifications for apps? SMS, etc?

If so, you didn't happen to accidentally blacklist those apps in the Android Wear application?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
No... nothing was blacklisted. As a matter of fact, I was just sitting here and I received an email on my laptop (my work Exchange account) and it didn't show up on the phone at all. This is the first time that has ever happened. It didn't show up on the watch either. I'm wondering if their is a conflict with the native Android Notifications app and the Android Wear Notifications app on the phone.

I reset the phone and uninstalled Android Wear on the phone and then re-installed everything. I do have both Android and Android Wear Notifications checked on the phone. And that is where I'm wondering if a conflict exists. Maybe you can have only one of them checked, not both.

I guess the bottom line is if the Samsung Gear Live doesn't work properly with my LG phone it will have to go back. I hate to do that because I absolutely will not buy the LG watch... it is simply too ugly for my taste.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After you reset the phone and installed Android Wear, did you make sure you were getting email notifications to the phone? Android Wear simply pushes notifications from the phone to the watch, so if you're not getting notifications, there's nothing to push to the watch.

Mysterious, for sure, though.

jasonaward

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Another question... if you receive the email to your laptop, does your phone also receive a notification? Or does that essentially dismiss the notification and prevent your phone from receiving one?

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I ended up resetting the watch and re-installing Android Wear on the phone. So far everything is working as it should. Not sure what the problem was in terms of the notification issue. I have a feeling it may have been a conflict with Bluetooth being on for both the watch and my car. Once I unpaired Bluetooth for the car the notifications on the watch started coming thru. Strange to be sure.

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I believe I have this sorted out. After uninstalling the Android Wear App and resetting the watch everything seemed to be ok, but then I noticed I didn't receive a couple of email notifications. So I went through the drill again. On the LG G2 when Android Wear takes you to the Notifications section to enable Android Wear notifications what you see are two options.... Android Wear Notifications and Android Notification. Both have check boxes associated with them. Previously I checked both options. This time I only checked Android Wear Notifications and left the native Android Notifications unchecked. It now works perfectly. So what must have happened is that the two were conflicting if they were both checked and enabled. With only the Android Wear Notifications checked I am now getting all my notifications on my phone and on the watch. So success! Hope this helps anyone else out there having the same issue I had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol