Settings shortcut

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Gear Live has a quick way to get to the Settings screen. Simply hold down the side button for a couple of seconds until you feel a light vibration. You'll be taken immediately to settings.

This is useful if you need to quickly adjust brightness levels (for example, stepping outdoors).

bujin

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Yes, that made a huge difference to me. Getting to apps doesn't really bother me, since it's pretty easy to get to Fit, but getting to brightness was a hassle.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Is there a category for these stabdalone apps? How would an average user find this besides typing in wear within the search area? Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I posted this very shortly before Wear Mini Launcher added the brightness toggle (darn developers trying to steal my thunder!)

I ended up discovering the settings shortcut by accident.

mrmnlando

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I actually downloaded an app called Wear Store which will show all the apps specific to android wear. Now I'm not sure how the app searches for these apps in the store, but it seems to represent about 140 apps currently out there and continues to update with new apps every day. It will like you to the play store if you're ready to download the app. I check here every few hours actually, waiting for something revolutionary! :0

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I actually downloaded an app called Wear Store which will show all the apps specific to android wear. Now I'm not sure how the app searches for these apps in the store, but it seems to represent about 140 apps currently out there and continues to update with new apps every day. It will like you to the play store if you're ready to download the app. I check here every few hours actually, waiting for something revolutionary! :0

Lol. Thanks! I've now been doing the same.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae