Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

Default Pandora Issues

Is anyone else having issues with Pandora? I had to backlist it on Android Wear because it kept sending notifications to the watch and locking up the Gear Live. I couldn't swipe away the control bar or simply get it off the watch by resetting the watch. I even uninstalled Pandora on the phone (LG G2) and the notification/control bar kept coming back to the watch. Finally, I decided to backlist it in a last ditch effort to get it off the watch and that worked (thank goodness!). I wonder if Pandora needs to develop an App specific to Android Wear... or, is this just an issue with my specific Gear Live.

Default Re: Pandora Issues

Quote Originally Posted by wezra View Post
    Is anyone else having issues with Pandora? I had to backlist it on Android Wear because it kept sending notifications to the watch and locking up the Gear Live. I couldn't swipe away the control bar or simply get it off the watch by resetting the watch. I even uninstalled Pandora on the phone (LG G2) and the notification/control bar kept coming back to the watch. Finally, I decided to backlist it in a last ditch effort to get it off the watch and that worked (thank goodness!). I wonder if Pandora needs to develop an App specific to Android Wear... or, is this just an issue with my specific Gear Live.
    I've had an issue with music players on Android Wear. I'm not sure if it's related to your issue or not. I have noticed you can't remove the player control from the watch while music is playing. If I click the 'x' to close a music player, on the phone, the notification doesn't go away on the watch. I have found the only way to get rid of the watch controls is to pause the music first and then close the application. At that point, the card is removed from the watch, and the notification removed from the phone.

There's definitely some weirdness going on with music players. I'm guessing an Android Wear update will fix these.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts

You expressed it far better than I did. But yes, the picture of the artist and the control bar would not go away... I had to reset the watch and blacklist Pandora on the Android Wear App. I'm sure this is a know issue and will be taken care of in a future software update by either Pandora or Samsung.

All that said, I really like what I see so far with the Gear Live. Its funny how many people have jumped on the Gear Live and Samsung regarding this watch. The fact is that it is a very high quality piece and looks good as well. And the screen is amazing for a watch of this type. Very pleased with my purchase.

I have blacklisted Pandora in the Android Wear app but it's still showing up on my watch while listening to music. I can get to other notifications when they come in but then it goes right back to Pandora. Any ideas as to why the blacklist isn't working?