Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gear live best buy

Today was supposed to be the day the released the Gear Live at Best Buy(at least for the pre orders) and i had heard from a couple of the associates (grain of salt i know) that it could be at the stores the same day as well. That wasnt the case, at least in the one store i had time to go to before work today..

Has anyone seen them in Best Buy's near you yet? And if not did you get any decent info on when it would be there... my customer service guy said they were waiting on samsung... not our fault.. yadda yadda yadda i stopped him before he could try to sell me the in his words "exact same watch" lg g watch. with an eye roll and an its not the exact same watch... and if i wanted that watch i would have bought it two weeks ago when it first came in this store... alot of best buy's people know their stuff but its the self thinking "kNOw it alls" that ruin it for alot of people it. but thats a separate thread all together lol

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

Default Re: Gear live best buy

I haven't seen them yet in the stores, but I'm leaning towards buying it from bestbuy.com anyway, to get their protection plan. $30 for 2 years, and free shipping.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I stopped by two stores today got the same runaround, when asking basic questions. so i said enough went out to my car and ordered one on bestbuy.com. lol

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by dj_segfault View Post
    I haven't seen them yet in the stores, but I'm leaning towards buying it from bestbuy.com anyway, to get their protection plan. $30 for 2 years, and free shipping.
    I got their protection plan for my Gear 2, but it was $40. Is it really $10 cheaper if you buy it on their website?

My best buy in NC has the gear live in stock, now to pull the trigger or not......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StevenJ_AK; 07-30-2014 at 03:09 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

gear 2 would be 40 dollars the gear live is 100 dollars less so its 30 dollars
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i went in on monday the CSR told me they didnt know when it was coming in are you sure you dont want to buy an lg g watch its the same watch, again i told the CSR ive been in this store several times in the last few weeks if i wanted a g watch i would have bought it then... when do you think the gear will be here? i dont maybe never... really??? you know what f this... walked out side got in my car and ordered it online... got it the next day lol

swapped out the bands from one i bought at walmart... for nine dollars... with a little surgical alterations made it so it would take the push button pin...( i had a casio years ago where it had the same push pin so i knew how to alter a new band not designed to take it just a couple clips with scissors to make room easy peasy) i went with a normal clasp but plastic band... after looking at the stock band decided i didnt trust it, even though i did everything i could to make it come off it looks sturdy for every day use, but my job i get stuff caught on things all the time didnt want my watch to go with it...

right now im enjoying it immensely...

Oh and the battery clip is what it is, its not awful but its not the greatest, and its definitely not a deal breaker.. its certainly been an over-exaggeration about the design.

Awesome! I bought mine today at best buy and so far it's an iffy ride for me. Coming from the gear fit it's just taking some getting used too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

I didn't realize that Best Buy only recently started selling these. I happened to have had some free time today and decided to grab Gear Live to replace my Gear 1 (I wasn't happy with it after doing the firmware update to Tizen). I checked the Best Buy site and found some nearby stores that had it in stock.
    I guess that would explain why they were not displayed yet. I had to ask a Samsung rep for a watch and they grabbed one from the secure area in mobil.

At this point I miss the speaker. I also think I like the band for the Gear 1 better. The difference in weight it very noticeable. And while the voice commands with S-Voice on the Gear 1 wasn't bad. The voice commands on the Gear Live appear to be more responsive and accurate. Not to mention I have a lot more commands I can give.
    The amount of apps are like night and day. While there was only 3 or 4 apps that I found worth using on the Gear 1 that was cut down to none after doing the Tizen update. I have a much better choice of apps with the Gear Live.
    Gigantic Member

ROM
    ARHD 8.0

Just returned my LG G watch and got the Gear live from my local Best Buy.. I seen they had them available at my store..so I went in, asked..the sales guy looked on the pc...seen they had 2 but didnt know where they were :P

So I went back a few hours later and walked out with it!