Screen on/off by the flick of the wrist while driving

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
The notifications don't bother me at all while driving, but the screen lights up by the flick of my wrist or when you bring it up a certain way and it's right in my view while my hand is on the steering wheel. The black and white screen is fine, it's the main watch face that's very distracting... Is there any way to turn that off or any app that will help me out?

Posted from my LG G3

Posted via Android Central App

andreo

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you mute the watch (swipe down from main screen) it will stop notifications from lighting up the watch and stop the screen from turning on when moving your wrist. You will only have the dimmed screen (unless you turn that off also) and will need to tap the screen to have it go to full brightness.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I still want the notifications to come through just with out the screen lighting up on the wrist flick. imo having the notifications turned off is pretty pointless to even wear the watch. I read Somewhere that someone may be making a car app. If turning off the notifications is the only way to not have the screen light up then I hope an app comes out soon.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't flick your wrist.

BTW putting it on mute doesn't turn off the screen light up :/ like you said. And I don't flick my wrist while driving. My hand is just on the steering wheel and lights up randomly. Super annoying and distracting

chefdave12118

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
BTW putting it on mute doesn't turn off the screen light up :/ like you said. And I don't flick my wrist while driving. My hand is just on the steering wheel and lights up randomly. Super annoying and distracting

I would suggest finding a dim or dark face to apply while you're driving and your favorite face for non driving. You probably already know this, but if you long press the home screen you can change faces in a swipe.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I would suggest finding a dim or dark face to apply while you're driving and your favorite face for non driving. You probably already know this, but if you long press the home screen you can change faces in a swipe.

Yeah I already knew that, but it's still way to bright at night even with a dark face. I can't believe they have no option or app so you can turn off the flick of the wrist feature smh. Good job Samsung 👎

chefdave12118

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I already knew that, but it's still way to bright at night even with a dark face. I can't believe they have no option or app so you can turn off the flick of the wrist feature smh. Good job Samsung 👎

Everyone's different and I don't drive much at night as I only live a mile from work, but the few times at night I have driven, I haven't noticed. I probably will now lol. Maybe in the next update they'll add an option for driving. :thumbsup:

chefdave12118

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I HAVE A SOLUTION! Been thinking about this for days. Put your watch wrist down while driving. I'm not trolling either. I was driving the other night (and you're voice was in my head lol), I flipped the watch and bang! Just saw the band!

Khidr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
This HAS to be a setting they add since you can also activate the face with a tap. Especially with an amoled screen, sometimes I just want to glance at the time without triggering the watch to get all "hi! How ya doing? How about some 'ok google '" just to have me muffle my watch with my hand until it settles back down.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
This HAS to be a setting they add since you can also activate the face with a tap. Especially with an amoled screen, sometimes I just want to glance at the time without triggering the watch to get all "hi! How ya doing? How about some 'ok google '" just to have me muffle my watch with my hand until it settles back down.

Ya hopefully they do add it because it would also save the battery as well if you were allowed to turn off the flick wrist feature

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol